|Location||Ufgel's Bathhouse and Laundry|
Gulug is an Orc merchant from Orsinium, noted for his revolting perfumes and affinity for bath houses. He betrayed the Orcs by revealing the existence of Orsinium's winter supplies shipment in return for exclusive rights to trade with the Winterborn.
- Invitation to Orsinium: Escort a supply caravan to the Wrothgarian city of Orsinium.
- The King's Gambit: Find a way to stop the Vosh Rakh's attack before it happens.
Invitation to Orsinium
Your search for Gulug, the traitor, will culminate in discovering him in the basement of Ufgel's Bathhouse and Laundry, having a bath in the pool. When you enter the building, you'll hear:
- Gulug : "This bath is ours for as long as we want! I paid in advance!"
- Mivani : "You didn't have two gold pieces to rub together last time I saw you, Gulug. What changed?"
- Gulug : "Fortune happened, my lovely! And it fell right into my lap! Now come here and do the same and we'll both feel better!"
When spoken to, he will get up and ask:
- "What's this about? If you aren't here to use the baths, it must be about my tonics. Well, I can assure you. My tonics are guaranteed to cure whatever aids you. It just takes time … and … and multiple applications!"
- "Tell me about the deal you made with the Winterborn."
- "What? I … I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm a loyal subject of the king. I … I don't have anything to do with any damn Winterborn!"
- "This letter to Urfon Ice-Heart says otherwise."
- "No … I … I can explain. The people of this city … I made a deal for them. Gold from the Winterborn allows me to produce my tonics at a fraction of the cost. I'm doing this for the people!"
- "So the clan Orcs starve?"
- "The outlying clans … they're enemies of this city and our king. Their chiefs refuse to accept the king's rule. They'd rather stay stuck in their old ways and traditions. Meanwhile, the poor of this city can't afford medicine. I'm saving lives!"
- "The information you passed on cost lives and gave the Winterborn supplies."
- "A small price to pay for a larger gain. I've been loyal to this city since before you outsiders started arriving. You have no right to judge me!"
- "Just tell me where the Winterborn took the stolen supplies."
- "Fine. What's the use. See what happens when you just try to help? The supplies were sent to Frostbreak Fortress. That's where the Winterborn warlord, Urfon Ice-Heart, plans to regroup his forces. I'm sure he's guarding the supplies personally."
At this point, you have two responses to choose from.
- "I'll tell the Guard about this. Don't try to leave town."
- "Do what you will. My tonics are out in the city now, getting to the people who need them. Sure, I won't be able to enjoy the rest of my gold, but I accomplished what I set out to do
- "If you're truly doing this to help the city, I won't report you to the Guard."
- "Ah, it's good to meet like-minded individuals! You have my thanks. The poor of this city can take comfort in knowing they can afford the tonics they need. I'll find a way to repay you, don't you worry about that!
If you speak to him after selecting any of the two dialogues, he will greet you with: "What? I paid for the bath. Might as well enjoy it for as long as I can. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to soak." Additionally, even if you tell him that he will be reported for his crime, you don't have to go through with it; you can simply not tell anyone later on in the quest that it was him.