|Home Settlement||Everwound Wellspring|
- Oasis in a Metal Desert: Help a novice Clockwork Apostle investigate a farming facility in the Clockwork City.
Oasis in a Metal DesertEdit
When you first approach Idrono (as part of the quest), he'll give you some information about the other apprentices in the Everwound Wellspring:
- "A new apprentice? How curious. And are those samples of Chirrhari's mushrooms? Excellent! I've been anxious to taste the new harvest.
- Hmm. Texture similar to guar hide. Flavor equivalent to wet moss. Not what I hoped for."
- Speaking of apprentices, we were curious about the last few that were selected.
- "Interesting question. As far as I know, no new apprentices have entered the Wellspring since Gathal's accident.
- But I have a bigger concern. At least Chirrhari can grow mushrooms. My plants refuse to live, no matter what I do."
- But the Wellspring produced a bountiful harvest. Are you doing something different here?
- "Of course. Lector Naril tasked each of us with a different experiment. I'm attempting to grow plants without the benefit of the simulated sunlight. I haven't had any success so far, but someone has to tackle the difficult experiments, I suppose."
- Simulated sunlight?
- "Lector Naril developed it using techniques he still refuses to share. The simulated sunlight provides nourishing energy that makes most of the plants we grow thrive.
- Not my plants, mind you. Oh no. That would ruin the experiment!"
- Is there anyone else we can ask about the other apprentices?
- "Ohtowen's been with Lector Naril the longest. She might know something more.
- You'll need to cross my garden to reach her. Just watch out for the blasted fabricants. They keep eating my plants and clogging up the gears!"
- I'll watch for the fabricants on the way to talk to Ohtowen.
- "I just don't understand why my plants won't grow while Chirrhari and Ohtowen have no trouble making things bloom. It's an absolute annoyance!
- And so are those fabricants. Feel free to smash them to bits on your way through the garden."
- Tell me about Gathal's accident.
- "What's to tell? Gathal died. Happened in Lector Naril's private workshop. We're not allowed in there anymore.
- Now let me think. I need to figure out how to make my plants do something—anything—other than wither and die."
After finishing the quest, Idrono, Sherizar, Apprentice Ohtowen and Apprentice Chirrhari gather and speak:
- Apprentice Chirrhari: "How horrible! Those apostles … all dead!"
- Sherizar: "Not just dead. Drained of life to create the simulated sunlight."
- Apprentice Ohtowen: "Still, it's an amazing device. Lector Naril's a true genius."
- Apprentice Idrono: "A genius? Look at this! Naril's insane!"
If you decided to continue with sacrifices, they continue to talk:
- Sherizar: "Naril's dead, but the promise of the Wellspring lives on."
- Apprentice Chirrhari: "You're not suggesting we continue to … to kill people?"
- Sherizar: "We call for volunteers. Use their sacrifices while we continue to work on finding a different source of power."
- Apprentice Ohtowen: "How noble. I assume we won't be the ones volunteering this time?"
- Apprentice Idrono: "Sherizar has the right idea. And I offer myself as the first sacrifice."
- Apprentice Ohtowen: "Idrono, no!"
- Apprentice Idrono: "It's only logical. I'm an apprentice whose experiments never worked out. Allow me to contribute in another way."
- Sherizar: "Very well. Let's go make the necessary preparations."
- Apprentice Chirrhari: "One death … to avoid many. This one still doesn't like how this all turned out."
If you decide to stop the sacrifices, they continue to say: (?)