|# of Zones||3|
|# of Welkynd Stones||13|
|# of Varla Stones||2|
(1 boss-level Undead)
|1 boss-level Ayleid Coffer
1 boss-level Ayleid Reliquary
|Console Location Code(s)|
|NenalataExterior, Nenalata, Nenalata02, Nenalata03|
|Mouth of Silverfish River|
- Nenalata is the ruined capital of the last surviving Ayleid kingdom.
- A section of Nenalata Sel Aran Arpena is inaccessible until you start the Secrets of the Ayleids quest. Specifically, this concerns the throne room past a hidden door (marked with 'I' on the map).
- For level 1-4 characters, this ruin may be exceptionally challenging. At low levels, five of the skeletons encountered have a 50% chance of being Skeleton Guardians, which normally are not encountered until level 8, and probably were not meant to be present even in this ruin until level 5. However, a duplicate entry in the
MS27LL1UndeadBones100leveled list makes it possible for Skeleton Guardians to appear at level 1. Four of these super-difficult skeletons are in Nenalata Wendesel and one is in Nenalata Sel Aran Arpena
- This issue has been addressed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch; it removes the extra entry from the leveled list.
- The map for Nenalata Wendesel is incorrectly rotated in-game. When you leave Nenalata, you will be facing west; when you enter Nenalata Wendesel, you will be facing south.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.1.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 27, -6
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Nenalata (editor name NenalataMapMarker). The entrance door is SSE of the marker, 20 feet away.
- 3 Bones Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 1 level lower than standard, always best possible level; non-respawning) are near the entrance
- 0-3 Mud Crabs are near the entrance
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- 1 Restoration Ayleid Chest is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Chest 02 (non-respawning) is near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 32 Foxglove plants and 7 Monkshood plants
Zone 1: NenalataEdit
You enter this zone from door Out and exit it through door C to Nenalata Wendesel. Accesss to door D to Nenalata Sel Aran Arpena is blocked by gate H, which is opened by pressing a push block (cyan dot on map) that is unfortunately located on the other side.
The second room that you enter holds all eight of this zone's Welkynd Stones. In the third, smaller room encountered you will find the boss chest (B), which is well hidden between a couple of fallen stone blocks. In the next corridor you will come across gate F, which will open once you are close enough. The Hidden Door at G also opens once you are close enough to reveal two enemies and a minor loot chest. In the next room, along with two enemies, you will find door C, which leads to the next level.
- 8 Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 3 levels lower than standard)
- 1 boss-level Ayleid Coffer (Undead variety; locked) at location B on map
- 4 Ayleid Casks 01 (1 locked)
- 1 Ayleid Cask 02 (locked)
- 8 Welkynd Stones, all located on easily-reachable pedestals in the second, rectangular-shaped room.
Doors and Gates:
Zone 2: Nenalata WendeselEdit
In the first room that you enter from door C you will face two enemies that are guarding the boss chest at B. Due to the particular form of this room, with half-sections criss-crossing the chamber, it is possible to deal with the two undead separately. In the second room that you enter are this level's three Welkynd Stones. Battle your way through the next two rooms to reach door E leading to Nenalata Sel Aran Arpena.
- 4 Bones Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 3+ levels lower than standard)
- 3 Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 3 levels lower than standard)
- 1 boss-level Ayleid Reliquary (Undead variety) at location B on map
- 1 Ayleid Cask 01
- 3 Ayleid Casks 02 (2 locked)
- 1 Restoration Ayleid Chest
- 3 Welkynd Stones, all located in the second room you enter, high up on their pedestals. See the stones' page for tips on how to reach them.
Doors and Gates:
Zone 3: Nenalata Sel Aran ArpenaEdit
Sel Aran Arpena roughly translates into "Hall of the Noble King."
After entering from door E, in the first large room you will find the boss-level undead (A) and another enemy. Gate F will open once you are close enough to reveal another large room containing two Welkynd Stone, two Varla Stones (V) and a minor loot chest. The stone steps at M are already activated and will lead you to a lower level of the room.
If you are exploring this ruin prior to the related quest, you are at a dead end. If not, Umbacano will position the stone carving you gained for him in the previous quest inside a niche. At this point the Hidden Door at I will disappear into the ceiling to reveal a room with a throne in the middle and six inactive Dark Welkynd Traps (T). Whichever way the related quest plays out, the four wall panels at G, H, J, and L and the hidden door at K will open and six undead will be unleashed against you.
Fleeing is a very viable option here, especially at higher levels. Don't try to escape from where you came because the stone steps have retreated. Instead, enter the room on the left and run up a long set of stairs until you reach door D, which will take you directly back to the entrance of this ruin.
- 1 boss-level Undead at location A on map
- 1 Bones Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 3+ levels lower than standard)
- 6 Bones Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 1 level lower than standard, always best possible level; non-respawning)
- 1 Undead (dungeon-specific leveled list, 3 levels lower than standard)
- 2 Varla Stones at locations V on map, both in the second large room on easily reachable pedestals
- 2 Ayleid Casks 01 (1 locked)
- 1 Ayleid Cask 02 (locked)
- 2 Restoration Ayleid Chests
- 2 Welkynd Stones, both in the second large room, on the floor next to the base of their pedestals
- 6 Dark Welkynd Stone traps at locations T on map
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors in/out of this zone
- 2 Hidden Doors at I and K
- 1 Iron Gate (opened remotely) at F
- 4 Wall Panel opened by Umbacano in related quests at G, H, J, and L
- 1 Stone Steps (rise to form steps when activated) at location M on map