|# Plants||1075 Total (35 in Tamriel, 1040 in planes of Oblivion)|
The ingredient Bloodgrass comes from the plant "Blood Grass", which is a plant native to the planes of Oblivion. Normally Blood Grass plants are not found in Tamriel, however they take root outside of several Oblivion Gates. Even after those gates are closed (and even after the Main Quest is completed) the Blood Grass plants remain present and can be harvested. Alchemists may want to ensure that these Oblivion Gates are among those that open, by traveling through these cells at a few stages during the Main Quest.
2 guaranteed samples can be found.
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of alchemy vendors, such as The Main Ingredient, and in some loot chests.
Blood Grass plants are found in nearly every plane of Oblivion, including Boethia's and Peryite's realms, but not Mankar Camoran's Paradise or the Shivering Isles. The planes with the highest concentrations are:
- 212 plants are in the Cheydinhal Oblivion World visited during The Wayward Knight quest.
- 157 plants are in the Kvatch Oblivion World visited during the Breaking the Siege of Kvatch quest.
- 109 plants are in Random Oblivion World 6.
- 96 plants are in the Bruma Oblivion World visited during the Bruma Gate quest.
The Oblivion Gates in Tamriel with the largest number of Blood Grass plants are those in the following cells:
- 4 plants are in exterior cell (25, -34)
- 4 plants are in exterior cell (-16, 20)
- 3 plants are in exterior cell (23, 31)
- 3 plants are in exterior cell (-41, -6)
- 3 plants are in exterior cell (1, -2)
People who have downloaded the Wizard's Tower official plug-in will also be able to find 8 Plants in the Alchemy Garden.