- Once you have reached level 20, talk to Haekwon at the Shrine of Boethia to find out about the gruesome offering Boethia requires.
- Acquire and offer one Daedra Heart to Boethia and travel to the Planes of Oblivion to participate in an interplanar tournament.
- Win the tournament, and return to the Shrine of Boethia for your reward.
The location of this Shrine can be marked on your map by any of several methods:
- Reading the book Modern Heretics
- Reading the book The Refugees
- Speaking to Borba gra-Uzgash in Cheydinhal about "Daedric Shrines"
- Speaking to Ulene Hlervu about "Cheydinhal"
An Offering to the GodEdit
Travel to the shrine of Boethia and talk to Haekwon, one of Boethia's worshippers. He will tell you to present Boethia with a Daedra heart. Acquire a Daedra heart, return to the shrine, and activate it. Boethia will say:
- Why do you summon me? You are not one of my faithful. Do you hope to be counted among my Chosen? Then prove yourself to me, mortal. I shall open a portal for you to one of my realms in Oblivion. Go, and take your place in my Tournament of Ten Bloods. Survive, and you will be rewarded. Fail, and your soul belongs to me.
After the dialogue, a blue portal will appear nearby. When you are ready, activate it to be transported to the arena.
The Task at HandEdit
You will arrive in the stadium where the Tournament of the Ten Bloods takes place. You'll need to fight nine rounds against Boethia's Chosen, one at a time. You will take the place of whichever Champion would have shared your race. Be prepared; these characters are armed to the teeth with dozens of potions, weapons, powerful ranged attacks, and will often heal themselves. You will be unable to leave until all of them have been defeated. While you're battling, watch out for the lava: there's no fence to protect you (but you can certainly feel free to use this to your advantage by chasing your enemies into the lava). When you are ready to fight the next opponent, approach the gates to the right. These open before you reach them, so be prepared.
Unlike the gladiator battles in the Arena, there are no rules about looting the corpses of your fallen opponents. Make sure you pillage the bodies of the fallen for some nice leveled weapons, enchanted arrows, armor and tons of potions. You don't have to pillage until all battles are completed because the corpses never disappear.
Boethia will make a comment before and after you fight each of the Champions:
- "Beyond this gate is my Argonian challenger. She is a clever thing, and eager for your blood."
- "Here you face the swift and subtle Breton. Go through the gate, Chosen, and test your fate."
- "The Dark Elves are my favored people. But I am fair-minded... the outcome is in your hands."
- "Your High Elf opponent is cool and confident. Go! Let the contest begin."
- "With his keen mind and eyes, the Imperial measures you. Give him what he seeks."
- "My Khajiit is quick and cunning! Go! Seek him out! See whose blood is quicker."
- "This Nord is an animal... a glorious beast. Watch her teeth... she bites!"
- "The gate is open. Go forth and greet my Chosen Orc."
- "Greet the war-hardened Redguard! Fight for my glory, Chosen One!"
- "Through the gate, my Wood Elf waits! Hurry, and do not disappoint me."
- "How sad. The Argonian was a poor thing. Let her go."
- "What a pity. For the Breton, it is over."
- "A valiant effort, Dark Elf, but take comfort. Your spirit is mine."
- "The price of failure? A final fanfare for the High Elf. Farewell."
- "No. I'm afraid this Imperial was not the one."
- "Another one bites the dust. The Khajiit is done."
- "I must confess... that Nord was a disappointment."
- "Alas, poor Orc. This was not your finest hour."
- "In the scales of testing, Redguard, you are tried and found wanting."
- "Alas for the honor of Valenwood, the Wood Elf has fallen."
When you have defeated your final opponent, a portal appears back to the realm of Cyrodiil and Boethia will salute your skill.
- "The others are dust! You alone, [Player Race], remain, First and Last! Beyond the next gate, your portal waits."
Activate it to return to Tamriel once you have looted the corpses of your opponents to your heart's desire. If you want to bring back more items than you can carry, pile them up by the entrance and pick them all up when you decide to leave. You can still travel through the portal if you are overencumbered.
Return to the ShrineEdit
Approach the shrine and activate it. Boethia will congratulate you on your victory and reward you with Goldbrand, a wonderful enchanted sword with 25 base damage along with a 22 fire damage per hit enchantment (regardless of player level).
- I greet you, Chosen One! A victory in my Tournament of Ten Bloods brings great honor. Take Goldbrand, sheathe it in your enemies, and offer their souls as praise to me.
- If you approach the war gate to the left, the enemy behind it will notice you and try to attack. Eventually they will fall in the lava trying to reach you and die. Boethia will announce their death and because it was out of sequence the remainder of the gates won't open. To complete the quest, jump around the other gates to fight the remaining opponents. When they are all dead the quest will continue as usual.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I have been told by one of Boethia's followers that in order to summon the Daedra, I must give a daedra heart as an offering to the statue. [You must be level 20 to begin this quest.]|
|20||Boethia has told me that I am to participate in the Tournament of Ten Bloods. When I am ready, I should enter the nearby portal to Oblivion, and I will be sent to one of his realms for the battle.|
|30||I have defeated all of Boethia's followers in the Tournament of Ten Bloods. I should speak once more with the Daedra Lord.|
|100||Boethia was pleased with my performance in the Tournament of Ten Bloods. He has rewarded me with the enchanted sword, Goldbrand.|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DABoethia stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.