Hello RisingDusk! Welcome to UESPWiki! It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Help Contents: a list of in-depth Help pages
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
- Uploading Images: Guidelines on image standardization
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our patrollers really appreciate it!).
Feel free to practice editing in the sandbox or discuss the games in the forums. If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact one of our mentors. Have fun! Zul se onikaanLaan tinvaak 15:50, 5 July 2014 (GMT)
You have been given a gold star!
Man, it's great having new people who are willing to take on so many big tasks! You've been helpful all over the place, and that Dwarven Automatons revamp is awesome. Keep up the great work. :) ⇠eshetalk 23:06, 7 August 2014 (GMT)
- Yay gold star thingy! Thanks, I'm glad this stuff gets noticed! :) ∬(RisingDusk)dxdy 23:26, 7 August 2014 (GMT)
Hey RisingDusk, I know I can come off as rather aggressive on topics relating to anything I've worked on. I wish to say I'm sorry for attacking your posts a bit too harshly. I blame my mother, I'm one eighth wikidragon from her side. I hope I haven't discouraged you, and I appreciate the work you've put into the site (even if I was sick for most of it). --AKB Talk Cont Mail 02:09, 12 August 2014 (GMT)
- Hey AKB, don't worry, I understand. When you put several months of effort and thought into something and then some random upstart comes along and raises concerns with it, it can be really frustrating and we can get really defensive. I genuinely feel terrible bringing up concerns so late in the game, I just didn't even realize the project was going on because there was no wip template on the page. If I had known I would have commented earlier before so much work had been done. I'll be honest, it has taken a lot of courage to try and stand up to an admin about what I think is best for the site, but even if voted against and my ideas shot down by the community, I think it's important that I tried. Ultimately, my thoughts in this regard are spoken of as a user, as someone who uses the site frequently while playing the game. I hope there are no hard feelings and that we can figure something out for the pages that's in the best interests of the most possible readers, regardless of which style it looks closer to. Cheers. ∬(RisingDusk)dxdy 10:20, 12 August 2014 (GMT)
- I just want to pop in and say thanks for keeping your cool. Some discussions can get a bit heated and some people lose their heads and flip out, so thanks for being mature about everything! I'm glad that everything was settled in a civilized manner. Keep up the good work around the site! •WoahBro►talk 12:56, 12 August 2014 (GMT)