|Daedric Artifact: Oghma Infinium (0001A332)
The Oghma Infinium is a Daedric artifact acquired for completing the quest, Discerning the Transmundane. Reading the book will give you the option to boost either your combat, magic, or stealth skills by five levels.
- Discerning the Transmundane: Uncover the secrets of the mysterious Dwemer lockbox.
- You cannot use the Oghma Infinium to raise skills above 100.
- The Oghma Infinium is removed from your inventory 1 second after choosing a skill and going back to the inventory. You can drop the book before it is removed and pick it up afterwards. However, this will not allow you to boost your skills again.
- The text on the pages appears to be a variation of the Magic Script Alphabet. This is most noticible on the three letters inside the sun symbols of the first page: the top right sun is inscribed with a "M" ( ), the left sun is inscribed with a "S" ( ), and the bottom sun is inscribed with a "G" ( ).
- When reading the Oghma Infinium from a bookshelf, the number of books that can be stored in that shelf increases by one each time the book is read.
- The Official Skyrim Patch, version 22.214.171.124.8, fixes this bug.
- You may not always get all five points in each skill.
- Reload an older game and alter your skill values slightly, even just gaining a few more XP in the skill, then try again.
For more information, see the lore article.