- Caster ignores 80% of all physical damage for 30 seconds.
Dragonhide is a master level Alteration spell which nullifies 80% of all physical damage for 30 seconds.
- This works differently from the lower-level Armor spells. While active, you will only receive 20% damage from all physical attacks. For as long as you do not exchange any equipment, you retain your displayed overall armor rating from prior to casting. Any shift in equipment results in a new displayed overall armor rating of 1. The displayed equipment value for each item in your inventory is 0 for as long as Dragonhide is active. [verification needed — Does the spell's damage reduction stack with damage reduction from pre-equipped armor?]
- Since Dragonhide modifies the base damage of physical attacks that hit you, it isn't very effective for training armor skills, as they gain XP depending on the base damage of attacks.
- Due to a bug, Dragonhide is one of only two master level spells that can be dual cast (the other is Guardian Circle). [verification needed — What is the new cost?]
- This spell stacks with the damage reduction gained from armor rating. Given that physical damage reduction from armor is capped at 80%, (567 displayed armor rating) this means you can achieve a 96% physical damage reduction while this spell is active.