Some skins are affected by your character's age. On an elderly character, certain skins (such as Deadlands Scorcher or Xoleel Scale) are noticeably duller or more grey. Some skins (such as Amber Plasm and Meridian Purified) don't override your entire character's body; there are spaces where your character's flesh can be seen. With a skin like this equipped, you can see any body markings your character is wearing (like tattoos or Argonian scale patterns) beneath the cosmetic skin.
- Proudly display your victory in Mazzatun with this daub of glowing and magically-infused amber plasm!
Acquired by completing the Ruins of Mazzatun Challenger achievement. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- "I found the shipwreck locked in ice. The crew were all frozen and frostbitten, and I thought they were dead ... until they rose, frost-crusted and icy, and picked up their weapons." —Aelfrydda of Dawnstar
Arctic Rime is available as an Epic-level reward in Dragonscale Crown Crates, and can be purchased for 40 gems. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- Feel the uncanny power of Necromancy radiate from your very flesh with the eerie Blackmarrow Skin! It's as creepy as undeath itself, and a great conversation starter down at the tavern.
Awarded for completing the "Scalecaller Peak Challenger" Achievement.
- Are you the thrall of a vampire? Would you like to show the truth of that to the world? Now you can!
- "Whether afflicted by the Rivenspire blood-curse or some other vile vampiric corruption, the result is the same: Victims transform into ravenous monsters. These creatures know nothing but rage and hunger. Appalling."—Nalana, Advisor to House Tamrith
- Blood. Nirncrux. Iron. Combined with the unholy rites of the Reachmen at the Bloodroot Forge, the result is a clinker-cracked, glowing-hot skin like no other: the Blood-Forged!
Available for purchase in the Crown Store for 1,200 .
- "Kaoc! That luridly patterned Scale Skin style worn by the Bright-Throats is far too gaudy. Could a serious person appear in public like that? I think not." —Jaxsik-Orrn of the Dead-Water Tribe
- "The Crystalfrost skin is a cosmetic Alteration spell that gives a mortal the appearance of a Frost Atronach. Why would a mortal want to look like a Frost Atronach? Don't ask me, I don't even like putting on makeup." —Gabrielle Benele, Mages Guild
Crystalfrost is an ice-themed skin acquired by completing the "Newly Charitable" achievement, which involves completing 12 New Life Charity Writs during the New Life Festival 2018. It can be seen on various frozen NPCs, such as Drodda's Apprentice, but also affects their armor and weapons.
- You'd give anything to Mehrunes Dagon. Offerings of destruction. Of blood. Even your life. Already, you've earned the crimson-fire brand of his viscerents after feeding your epidermis to him bit by bit. Your devotion is bared to all Glory to Dagon!
- Do you revel in cataclysmic forces? Is vindication best reflected in ruining all who thwart you? Perhaps you revere the destructive Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon. Whatever the case, this ruddy-hued skin reflects your true nature.
- The glow of the Deadlands has seeped into your very essence, causing your skin to both redden and blacken. The brands of Mehrunes Dagon's realm blaze upon you. Do not fail him.
- "Not to be overly critical, but in my opinion the shadowy Scale Skin of the Dead-Waters is entirely too austere. Though it is, I admit, simple and elegant." —Xukas
- Decayed Zombie: the skin condition no amount of Lillandril Moisturizing Lotion can cure! Pairs well with Worm Cult style armor.
The Decayed Zombie skin was available from the Crown Store for 1200 . It is also obtainable as a Legendary-level reward from Hollowjack and Scalecaller Crown Crates. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- Those who assist in the dark rituals of the Dreadhorn Reachclan must first coat their skin in a chalky whitewash, and then draw scarlet sigils of power upon it in a thick paint mixed of nirncrux and blood.
Awarded for completing the "Falkreath Hold Challenger" Achievement.
- One who wears this skin adopts the eerie appearance of a dro-m'Athra or Bent Cat, an evil ancestor spirit of the Khajiit.
- Murkmire itself accepts you as its champion, transforming your body to suit the deeper wallows and afford greater camouflage in its murky swamps and marshes. As mud is your mother!
- Never trust an alchemist with a Daedric scroll—you might end up with skin that's the color and hardness of Ebony! Unless you think that's a good idea, of course.
The Ebony Epidermis skin was available for a limited time and has not been available since it's initial release to the store. It was available from August 10, 2017 through August 14, 2017. It is seen on Stonefiends in Vassir-Didanat Mine. The Ebony Epidermis is now available as a Legendary-level reward in New Moon Crown Crates.
- Proudly display your victory in the Halls of Fabrication with this sheath of burnished bronze!
Awarded for completing Veteran Halls of Fabrication.
- "Be it icy gales or vengeful souls that drag ye into the Sea of Ghosts, your fate will be the same. To join the reef of frozen dead in the frigid depths. Locked in ice as dark as that abyss for all eternity."—Frig the Stormrider
Hollow Void HuskEdit
- The nothingness inside you—that boundless emptiness—wants out. It craves to swallow all that is not you and make it nothing. It won't fill the void inside you, but letting it consume gives your hollowed body a moment's release from its gnawing.
- Look like an ever-burning Flame Atronach from Oblivion with the Infernal Epidermis, a smoking-hot skin of fire, ash, and charcoal.
- Those who anger Kyne must meet her fury. Transform yourself into a living embodiment of her wrath with this skin.
Kyne's Fury was available from the Crown Store for 400 from September 17th to September 24th, 2020. When equipping it, your character releases a blast of electricity. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- It's said that under certain conditions the Maormer, like chameleons, can change the appearance of their skin. Emulate that legendary ability with this blue-scaled Fish Skin.
Maormer Fish is available as a legendary-level reward in Frost Atronach Crates. The skin can be seen on various Storm Shark NPCs in Sunhold, such as Konnugil the Leviathan. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- Most Argonians live above ground, where the sun can shine on the leaves of their Hists, but some, strange and reclusive, live in subterranean caverns. Over time their scales grow as pale as marsh mist.
- "Those who betray their oaths to the Lady of Infinite Energies will be purged of their corruption, lustrated and Purified so they can endure to fulfill their vows ... forever." — Sayings of Valasha
Meridian Purified is a skin found in the Wrathstone DLC. This glowing light-based skin can be acquired by obtaining the "Depths of Malatar Conqueror" achievement in Depths of Malatar. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- This costume gives the wearer the appearance of those tragic mortals whose will and mentality have been stolen by Molag Bal.
- Most adventurers who drink corrupted Hist sap die in frothing agony. But for a precious few, the ritual bestows dubious "gifts," such as polished green scales and veins that glow like precious amber.
Available as a Legendary-level reward in Gloomspore Crates.
- A life in Namira's service often brings bleak and horrifying side-effects. Praise Namira, the Lady of Decay and the Great Darkness! With eyes awash in pitch black ichor, you shall see her will fulfilled.
Available as a Legendary-level reward in Gloomspore Crates. Equipped body markings are visible on characters wearing this skin.
- Shimmer with a variety of hues, taking on the colors of the famed opals of Yokuda, with this skin. Perfect for star-strewn celebrations in Sentinel and beyond.
Opalescent Epidermis is available as a legendary-level reward in Frost Atronach Crates.
- Join the ranks of Peryite's plague-ridden adherents and enjoy all they have to offer, including a diseased appearance!
Reanimated Vampiric ThrallEdit
- "Despite the secrecy surrounding Lady Thorn, a vampire, recent rumors suggest her castle teams with activity and ghastly new thralls. Disturbing, if true. I await further details."—Nalana, Advisor to House Tamrith
Red Diamond GuardianEdit
- After the Soulburst, mysterious slate-skinned figures appeared in the Imperial City to fight Daedra. Each one has the Red Diamond encrusted upon their torso. To this day, none know where they come from or where they go after each fray.
Available as a Legendary-level reward in Potentate Crates.
- Enter crashing waves to take part in an ancient ceremony known only to the clever women of Skyrim. Runes bind your blood to the tides, and your skin mirrors the sea's restless waters. To what end? Only time will tell.
Runic Seabrume skin is a Nord-themed skin. Available as a Legendary-level reward in Nightfall Crates.
- As a murderous beast who lurks in the darkness, to become the color of shadows is only natural. As natural as the blood of the innocents that drips from your claws.
Acquired for completing the Moon Hunter Keep Challenger achievement.
- Shine with the radiance of the purified Saints of the Asylum Sanctorium with this sheen of silvery skin.
Acquired by defeating Saint Olms, Saint Llothis, and Saint Felms in the same fight in Veteran Asylum Sanctorium.
- The legendary might of the Sea Giants is the envy of any warrior. A superstitious few choose to dye their skin like stormy skies and paint themselves with silver markings in hopes of channeling that power.
Slag Town DiverEdit
- Treasure rests beneath the oily waters in Clockwork City for those with the guts to plumb deeply into its viscous lubricants. Your valiant efforts to dredge up valuable scrap gives your skin a slippery, many-hued sheen.
Available from Tribunal Coffers and Glorious Tribunal Coffers during the Tribunal Celebration Event. The luster and saturation of the oil's black sheen are affected by your character's age. It's darker on younger characters.
- Donning this costume gives the wearer the guise of one of the Soul-Shriven, Molag Bal's slaves in his Oblivion plane of Coldharbour.
A Soul-Shriven skin can potentially be earned by completing the Barathrum Centrata event in the Imperial Sewers, as part of the Imperial City DLC. It is a very rare drop of the event's final boss, the Simulacrum of Molag Bal. It was also available to buy from The Impresario during the Imperial City Celebration Event 2019 for 10 Event Tickets.
- Kissed by spider, Spiderkith, Daedric legend, tale, and myth!
Acquired by completing the Cradle of Shadows Challenger achievement.
- The melding of ice and fire might seem out of reach for the average person, but you're not the average person, are you? Show your mastery of Sunspire's Ice-Fire by exhibiting it on your body.
- An ancient, Nenalata Ayleid ritual shaped your form into that of their beloved Varla stones. The shimmering hues and stony striations that make up your new "star" form can bedazzle even the most jaded of observers.
- Your soul once drifted through the boundless Void, and though it found purchase on Nirn, it can't escape the relentless pull of its former home. Signs of its vast emptiness creep over you, hollowing out your mortal shell to eventually leave behind a husk.
- Colorful. Vibrant. Toxic. Those who take part in the sacred Argonian Xoleel Ceremony are transformed into a deadly sacrifice to Leviathans that threaten the Deepmire Hist.
- Z'Maja's powerful magic infuses those it touches with a tinge of shadow.