|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 35.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Protective Scale: Cost: [4050 / 3960 / 3870 / 3780] Magicka.
Flex your scales, reducing your damage taken from projectiles by 50% for 6 seconds.
- Protective Plate: Cost: [3780 / 3690 / 3600 / 3510] Magicka.
Flex your scales, reducing damage taken from projectiles by 50% for 6 seconds. Gain immunity to snares and immobilizations for 4 seconds.
- Dragon Fire Scale: Flex your scales, reducing damage taken from projectiles by 50% for 6 seconds. When you are hit with a projectile, you retaliate by launching a fiery orb at the attacker that deals [2326 / 2351 / 2377 / 2401] Flame Damage. This effect can occur once every half second.
Protective Scale reduces damage from incoming projectiles for a short duration. Protective Plate also grants immunity to crowd control effects and reduces the cost, while Dragon Fire Scale, returns some Fire Damage back to the attacker.
- Prior to Update 22, this skill was known as Reflective Scale, and completely blocked all damage from up to 4 projectiles and all morphs reflected damage back to the attacker. Prior to Patch 1.12, even the Meteor ultimate could be reflected by this skill.
* Fixed an issue where this ability was charging magicka and stamina for each ability reflected, and reflected projectiles would occasionally not do any damage.
* Fixed an issue where health bars could become desynced when reflecting bow attacks with this ability active.
* This ability and all its morphs will now reflect a maximum of four projectiles.
- Reflective Plate (morph): This ability now provides the buff Minor Ward for 20 seconds. The duration increases with each rank.
* Fixed an issue where spell reflection abilities (such as Reflective Scale) would charge the reflecting player the resource costs of that spell.
* Increased the duration of this ability and it morphs to 6 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Developer Comments: This new duration is consistent with similar abilities, such as Crystallized Shield or damage shields, and allows Dragonknights to maintain better uptime with less resources spent and global cooldowns used.
* Fixed an issue where recasting this ability and its morphs would not refresh the amount of projectile reflections allowed.
* Reflective Plate: This morph now removes all snare effects from you when you cast the ability.
* Reflective Plate: This ability now also grants 2 seconds of immunity to snare and immobilization effects.
* Renamed this ability to Protective Scale.
- Converted the reflect function into a 50% damage reduction from projectiles. This happened to all 3 versions of the ability.
- Dragon Fire Scale (morph): This ability no longer increases damage of reflected attacks, since it can no longer reflect. Incoming projectiles will now cause you to launch a fiery orb at the attacker that deals Flame Damage. Effect can occur once every half second.
- Reflective Plate: Renamed this ability to Protective Plate. No other changes were made to the ability's functionality.
- Developer Comment: Previously, reflects were allowing for extremely unhealthy gameplay that granted the caster an effective 100% damage mitigation on top of the ability to return harmful damaging or controlling effects back at their caster. Additionally, the target requirement made this ability extremely polarizing in performance, going from absolute denial of ranged attacks, to offering little effective power when being bombarded with multiple projectiles. We will be closely monitoring the performance of this ability in both operational power and mathematical balance.
* This ability now grants damage mitigation to abilities more appropriately described in the tooltip.