- Lord Trystan : "Baloth Bloodtusk has reinforced Orsinium. Our losses to his Savage Sons were … considerable."
- Gaiden Shinji : "Your king should call off the siege. The battle is unjust."
- Lord Trystan : "Shinji … Mercedene now commands us. The siege will not end."
- Gaiden Shinji : "Mercedene? The Beast of the Reach is your general?"
- Lord Trystan : "There's another way. Challenge Baloth to a duel. You could end the siege with a swing of your blade."
- Gaiden Shinji : "The Orcs will never agree."
- Lord Trystan : "The Orcs love Baloth more than their own king. He'll agree—his people have bled enough."
- Gaiden Shinji : "What would your king say? He appointed Mercedene."
- Lord Trystan : "King Joile suggested this. He needs a victory, and won't care who delivers it."
- Gaiden Shinji : "Then it shall be. The Order of Diagna will march to Orsinium."
- Gaiden Shinji : "Tamahl, come speak with me."
When you speak to Gaiden Shinji:
- "Do you see how King Joile forces my hand? If I refuse to challenge Baloth Bloodtusk, the Breton king will demand Lord Trystan do so in my place. My obedience, or my friend's life.
- This is what kings call "leadership.""
- Could Lord Trystan defeat Baloth Bloodtusk?
- I do not slight Lord Trystan. He leads the Knights of the Dragon—his honor and skill with a blade are without question. But Baloth Bloodtusk will see that, and use Trystan's honor against him."
- What do you know of Baloth Bloodtusk?
- "The Orcs claim him a warrior without equal. Of more importance, so do his opponents.
- Cunning, quick, and patient—he bides his time and then strikes. A style that adapts to his opponents."
- How can you face Baloth if he does not fight with honor?
- "There are few left with skill to match my own, so the duel itself is an honor. After all, doesn't honor wear the face of your next opponent?"
- Unless he's your final opponent.
- "Ha! You've spent too much time around me, Tamahl."
Speaking to him before leaving the memory, he'll say:
- "I shall miss this place. Each day a bed of burning coals, each night a plunge into cool water. It has tempered me, as … uh ….
- Don't write that one down. I'm still working out the metaphor."
Once you've entered Reliana's Memory, you'll hear the following exchange between Gaiden Shinji and Baloth Bloodtusk:
- Gaiden Shinji : "'No duel should last longer than eight seconds.'"
- Baloth Bloodtusk : "What fool said that?"
- Gaiden Shinji : "Myself! How long have we fought?"
- Baloth Bloodtusk : "Eight minutes. What do you say to that?"
- Gaiden Shinji : "I shall reconsider the proverb."
- Baloth Bloodtusk : "You'll have to defeat me to pass it on."
- Gaiden Shinji : "True enough! The best techniques are passed on by the survivors."
- Baloth Bloodtusk : "That's a good proverb."