Dugroth is an Orc who is found northwest of the Port Hunding Wayshrine on Stros M'Kai. When you speak to him, he will sigh, "Mother said this would happen. I can't do anything right." and he will explain that he does not like fighting, which gives you the opportunity to help him defeat a serpent to prove himself.
- Moment of Truth: Help a timid Orc prove himself.
Northwest of the wayshrine you'll find a distraught Orc and the base of the statue there:
- Dugroth: "What am I going to do? Mother's going to kill me."
If you speak to him, he'll explain his delima:
- "Mother said this would happen. I can't do anything right."
- What's the matter?
- "Mother sent me here to kill some big monster. But I don't think I can do it."
- Why not?
- "Well, I hate violence. And I'm kinda forgetful. All I really want to do is make weapons, not hit things with them. But I promised Mother I'd try. Will you help me? I seem to have misplaced my sword."
- Sure. Where'd you last see it?
- <Dugroth runs off to the west>
- Dugroth: "I had an awful battle with some monsters over this way."
Catch up with him and he'll crouch behind some rocks:
- Dugroth: "Go on without me. I … uh … have to do something over here."
- "Can you get the sword for me? I'll prepare the stinking flesh needed to lure out the beast. It's Mother's special recipe."
Retrieve his sword and he'll remark:
- "Just seeing my father's old sword fills me with courage! I can do this, I think!"
- What are you doing over here?
- "I was, uh, preparing the bait. The beast won't come out of the water without this. At least that's what Mother said."
- Well, here's your sword. What's next?
- "Now we lure out the monster and kill it. Easy, right? I sure hope this proves my courage to Mother."
- I'm ready.
- <Dugroth runs off>
- Dugroth: "Well, here we go. Please stay close!"
- Dugroth: "Careful now! Those mudcrabs are tough!"
Once you reach the shore:
- Dugroth: "There it is! Good luck!"
Defeat Deathfang and you'll find Dugroth's sword left behind again. Pick it up and you'll find him a ways off hiding behind another rock:
- "Did you see how big that thing was? And those teeth!"
- Glad you made it out.
- "You found my sword! Thank you. I want to be a warrior and make Mother proud, but I also love smithing.
What do you think? Should I become a warrior? Or a smith?"
- You're not cut out for warfare. Follow your passion and make weapons.
- "You said it. I'm not fighting anymore. I'll make weapons for others. Mother will just have to get used to it. Thanks for everything!"
- Your mother is right. Keep at this and you'll make a great fighter.
He'll then take off towards town:
- Dugroth: "Well, I'm done here. Come see me in Port Hunding!"
After the quest, if you told him to live his dream of making weapons, you can find Dugroth working as a blacksmith at Weapons Of All Varieties in Port Hunding's Open Marketplace:
- "Thanks to you, I'm pursuing my love of weapon-making. I'm finally happy and Mother's stopped nagging me to fight."