|This article could benefit from an image of:
A cursed enemy
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||4||Cost||2970 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||6 seconds|
Reduces the cost and your pets deal additional damage to the cursed target.
The curse will continue to haunt the enemy and explode a second time.
- Daedric Curse: Curse an enemy with a destructive rune, dealing [7685 / 7769 / 7854 / 7938] Magic Damage to the target and [3534 / 3570 / 3610 / 3649] Magic Damage to all other nearby enemies after 6 seconds. You can have only one Daedric Curse active at a time.
- Daedric Prey: Cost: [2430 / 2340 / 2250 / 2160] Magicka.
Curse an enemy with a destructive rune, dealing 7939 Magic Damage to the target and 3652 Magic Damage to all other nearby enemies after 6 seconds. While the curse is active, your pets deal an additional 20% damage to the target. You can have only one Daedric Prey active at a time.
- Haunting Curse: Duration: 12 seconds.
Curse an enemy with a destructive rune, dealing [7939 / 8026 / 8113 / 8200] Magic Damage to the target and [3652 / 3692 / 3730 / 3774] Magic Damage to all other nearby enemies after 3.5 seconds. The curse will continue to haunt the enemy and explode a second time, dealing [7939 / 8026 / 8113 / 8200] Magic Damage to the target and [3652 / 3692 / 3730 / 3774] Magic Damage to all other nearby enemies after an additional 8.5 seconds. You can have only one Haunting Curse active at a time.
Daedric Curse causes an explosion of Magic Damage to its target and other nearby enemies after a delay. It's best to use against stronger targets, who are less likely to be killed by other sources before the explosion occurs. If the targeted enemy dies before the explosion, it does nothing, so you've just wasted Magicka. Daedric Prey causes the targeted enemy to take more damage from your Familiars, which also makes the spell somewhat less wasteful if the explosion does not occur, though you should still try to arrange for the target to survive long enough for the explosion, especially if there are other nearby enemies. Haunting Curse will explode an additional time after some time.
- Using this ability will cause the target to attack you, so to receive the most benefit, you should try to arrange it so that the target will be near its allies when the effect ends. Immobilizing a group with Encase is a good strategy, as is distracting your target with summons or other players who are more melee-oriented.
- The Haunting Curse morph was added in Update 13, replacing Daedric Prey, which dealt its damage faster.
- The Daedric Prey morph was added in Update 6, replacing Explosive Curse, which had an increased effect radius.
- Haunting Curse is a recommended morph for the Elemental Arcanist build.