- (Question moved here from User talk:Daveh)
Alright, I'm pissed. I'm a level 22 Khajiit named Jh'Emaz (James) and I went into the IoIO to kill Rufio since I was bored. I got there and went into his room, it's about 7:30 am in game. I killed him without any problems, but I didn't sleep yet to be told to go talk to Ocheeva.
Here's the problem: I can't leave the inn. I can go back to the first floor, I can do whatever I want INSIDE the inn, but I can't leave. Using the door to go back to Cyrodiil goes as normal with the loading screen (albeit REALLY slow), but it never lets me go back to Cyrodiil. I hear the music for a bit, although it stops after about 10 minutes, and the screen stays black. What's wrong? I tried taking off all my armor, everything, and I haven't saved since I did the Vampire Cure quest a few days back, this is an autosave.
This is on the PS3, by the way.
- It sounds like your disk may be damaged, or else your save game is corrupt. It is not a general problem that's been reported by other players, so it's not really a game glitch. --NepheleTalk 03:25, 25 February 2008 (EST)
- I have a similar though probably unrelated problem on the PC; although it might be [by a mod]. I can't leave the basement after killing Rufio, pressing spacebar on the hatch/ladder doesn't do anything. I had to teleport myself out. -Minerva — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 20:09 on 25 June 2008 (GMT)
- Yes, I had that problem as well, and am also using the UOP. However, there was one place that worked and let me out (or maybe it's a matter of timing or some silly thing like that). For me, if I recall correctly, the "correct" spot was on the ladder to the right, looking slightly down. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 19:46, 26 June 2008 (EDT)
Are there any safe containers in the Inn of Ill Omen? I normally store stuff on the basement's floor, but it's getting cluttered now... GenocideHeart 06:55, 3 March 2009 (EST)
- There's an open sack of grain above the stairwell. I've been using that for a little while. Supposedly, open sacks of grain are safe. I performed one informal test (went to a far away city for a week, then came back) & everything appeared to still be there. 126.96.36.199 12:20, 12 April 2009 (EDT)
After killing Lucian Lachance, I curious as to what would change in the Inn of Ill Omen. When I went down to Rufio, he refuses to talk. But my attempts of returning back to Cyrodiil failed, as the ladder back to the Inn of Ill Omen wouldn't activate [No text appears when looking at the ladder]. The trap door was just named "Trap door", and wouldn't do anything when you attempt to activate.
Would this a glitch be caused by killing Lucian, or something else? Many thanks. --Weeman5872 18:11, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Apparently it's something else, since I have that issue without killing him. --188.8.131.52 17:39, 23 May 2012 (UTC)
Selling stolen goods to innkeeper counts as fencingEdit
Okay, so I wasn't a member of the Thieves Guild, and decided to "fence" my goods through the innkeeper at the Inn of Ill Omen. Well, when I did finally join the Thieves Guild I was shocked to find out that I had already "fenced" well over 1000g worth of goods. Should it be added to the article that the innkeeper counts as an unofficial "fence"? BrenMan 94 11:23, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Inn of Ill Omen possible glitch????Edit
Ok, The strangest thing just happened. I was playing a new character, a Breton, and I was just running past the Inn of Ill Omen in order to have it as a known site on my map, and the building wasn't there! It was gone! The well is there, and the three barrels are there, but the Inn it self is not! It's as if the building is invisible. I found the spot where the door is, and I was able to enter the Inn just fine. Everything was fine inside. Then I exited and checked, but still no building. What the hell happened? Can anyone help here??184.108.40.206 12:34, 8 April 2011 (UTC)Macros VonBlack
- Normally I would attribute this to a mod issue. But I cannot think of a simple way that would make a building invisible or disappear. If the building model were deleted, than the other statics around it would remain, such as the door. If your game files were missing the meshes for the building, it would be replaced with the giant yellow bubble. Graphics card issues or the like would not affect just one building, as the meshes are shared among many different places, especially the doors. --DKong27 Talk Cont 13:01, 8 April 2011 (UTC)