Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is an overhaul mod for TES IV: Oblivion. It aims to make Oblivion a much more interesting, challenging, realistic, and dangerous place, and also offers great rewards for the daring adventurer, regardless of your level.
You must be prepared to cast aside your previous notions about Cyrodiil. The world no longer revolves around you, the player. Do not expect to be able to beat every monster or NPC you meet. Previously familiar areas may now be much more dangerous and you will frequently be forced to retreat from enemies who are too powerful to beat until you are stronger. You will probably die a lot more often now. However, if you have the ingenuity, skill, and luck to survive the odds stacked against you then you will be justly rewarded for your bravery!
If you feel overwhelmed by the difficulty when you first start out in this dangerous new world, do not be discouraged. Be cautious at first. Upgrade your poor gear as often as possible. If you find yourself facing overwhelming odds, run away and return later when you are more powerful to reap revenge on your foes. If necessary, seek help from the guards and legion patrols along the roads. You will slowly begin to build your strength and eventually learn to crush your puny foes with ease!
The latest version of OOO is available for download from Oblivion Nexus.
An installer version (1.37) is also available on Oblivion Nexus.
The French version is available here.
- Creatures — All the creatures to be encountered.
- Items — Where to find specific items and their related attributes.
- People — Listing of all the notable people in the mod.
- Places — Listing of all the new places in the mod.
- Quests — All the quests upon which you can embark, venturing forth into the unknown.
- Geomancy — Information on how the mod expands the use of gems.