(Click on any item for details)
Resist Fire M% for D seconds
Increase the target's resistance to Fire Damage. The damage taken by a target with 50% Resist Fire will effectively be halved. All fire damage is nullified at 100%.
It is possible, although unnecessary, to have a higher than 100% resistance to fire. The most common ways are through potions and enchanted items. It can be raised through Weakness to Magic, but only if a negative effect is applied in the same spell as the Resist Fire, as positive effects alone are not affected by Weakness to Magic effects.
- The Flame Ring provides 100% Resistance to Fire.
- This effect is not normally available as a spell. However, it is possible to gain access to it through special racial powers, in which case custom spells can be created. The only race that provides access to Resist Fire is Dunmer
- This effect can be useful to Vampires, since they have a weakness to fire.
- Resist Fire does not provide any protection against lava. The lava encountered in the Planes of Oblivion is technically treated as water that does damage, rather than as fire. There is a construction set effect Resist Water Damage that would protect against lava, but it is not available anywhere in the game.
- Resistances and Weaknesses: General information on how resistances and weaknesses interact.