Oblivion:Grayrock Cave

Oblivion: Places: Caves
OB-mapicon-Cave.png
Cave:
Grayrock Cave
(view on map)
# of Zones 2
Occupants
Monster Enemies
Orc Adventurers
Console Location Code(s)
GrayrockCaveExterior, GrayrockCave, GrayrockCave02
Region
Great Forest
Location
On the Gold Road, east-northeast of Skingrad
Grayrock Cave

Grayrock Cave is a medium-sized cave east-northeast of Skingrad containing monsters. It contains two zones: Grayrock Cave and Grayrock Shambles.

NotesEdit

ExteriorEdit

Key to Maps
Map of Grayrock Cave, Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -10, 4
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Grayrock Cave (editor name GrayRockCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is ENE of the marker, 50 feet away.
  • 0-2 Monsters are near the entrance
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 3 Alkanet plants, 2 Flax plants, 6 Monkshood plants, 1 Strawberry bush, and 1 Viper's Bugloss plant

Zone 1: Grayrock CaveEdit

Grayrock Cave

When you enter Grayrock Cave it becomes apparent that this cave may have had human occupants before the monsters arrived; a big pile of bones is scattered in the first small tunnel and three bedrolls at b can be found inside the first large chamber. The bedrolls are placed atop of a plateau and you can jump easily to the other high plateaus, although it will net you nothing but a potion chest and several encounters with leveled monsters. Jump down from the plateaus and locate the eastern passageway and head through it to reach a small chamber with a chest and a bedroll at b guarded by two nearby foes. Head south and make your way to door C which leads to the second zone, Grayrock Shambles.

Occupants:

  • 10-14 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:

  • There are two doors in/out of this zone

Other:

  • 4 bedrolls at locations b on map

Zone 2: Grayrock ShamblesEdit

Grayrock Shambles

Upon entering Grayrock Shambles from door C, search the northern room and fight the opposition, then head south until the path bends and lands you in a smaller room. Head north for a chest and a possible encounter with a friendly Orc Adventurer (O). Afterwards, backtrack to the previous room and proceed west to head to the northwestern room for the last chest. Finally, leave the cave through door Out, which leads to an alternative entrance south of the map marker and west of Fort Vlastarus.

Occupants:

  • 1 Orc Adventurer (10% chance of appearing) at location O on map
  • 6-9 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:

  • There are two doors in/out of this zone