Weapons in Oblivion fall into three classes, organized around the three weapon skills: Blade, Blunt, and Marksman. Blade and blunt weapons come in both one-handed and two-handed varieties, whereas bows can only be used with both hands.
This page only lists the base (unenchanted) weaponry available in Oblivion. There are several other pages that also provide information on weapons. If the weapon you are looking for is not listed on this page, you may want to check one of these other resources:
- Oblivion-Weapons: Category listing of all the weapons available in the game.
- Generic Magic Weapons: Magic weapons that are found in random loot.
- Leveled Items: Magic weapons that vary depending upon your character's level (generally quest rewards).
- Unique Items: Unique weapons (other than artifacts)
- Artifacts: Weapons with one-of-a-kind enchantments and unique appearances
- Dremora Equipment: Weapons specific to Dremora
- Ammunition: Arrows, both normal and enchanted
- Search Box: Type the name of the weapon into the search box on the left and click the search icon to find the weapon.
For all of the weapons listed on this site, the provided damage values are the weapons' base damage (
BaseWeaponDamage in the following formula). The actual damage your character will do with a weapon is derived from the base damage according to your character's weapon skill, your character's Strength, and the weapon's current health, according to this formula (see the Complete Damage Formula for full details):
BaseWeaponDamage * 0.5 *
( 0.75 + Strength * 0.005 ) *
( 0.2 + ModifiedSkill * 0.015 ) *
( WeaponHealth/MaxWeaponHealth + 1 )/2
- The Skill in this calculation is modified first by the player's Luck. As usual, the Strength and ModifiedSkill values are constrained between 0 and 100.
- When calculating damage done by bows, you must change the Strength attribute to Agility.
- This modified value is the amount of damage you will see listed for a given weapon in your inventory
- The maximum damage that can be done with a weapon (i.e., for Strength=100, Skill=100, and 125% weapon health) is actually almost 20% higher than
BaseWeaponDamage; therefore the Damage values quoted in all of the following tables are not equivalent to the maximum damage possible with that weapon.
WeaponHealth degrades by (0.06 *
BaseWeaponDamage) with each weapon strike. For example, a Daedric Longsword with base damage of 24 will lose (0.06 * 24) = 1.44 pts per strike.
Leveled List Info
Most items are spawned from lists based on the player's level. The following table describes the minimum level at which a weapon type begins to show up in randomly generated loot; lower level weapons will also randomly appear. Enchanted versions of weapons will begin to appear two levels later; see Generic Magic Weapons for details. See Leveled Lists for details on how these lists are used to determine the probabilities of individual items appearing. Note that non-random items also exist, and include steel and silver weapons that are available even to a level 1 character.
This table applies to the vast majority of the randomly generated weapons you will encounter; weapons on NPCs and creatures are based upon the loot column. There are very few places where randomly generated weapons will appear at lower levels than listed in the table.
weapons will be found at level 1
Fine Iron and Fine Steel weapons never appear in random loot; glass, ebony, and daedric quality weapons are never available from vendors before plug-ins. Although Fine Iron and Fine Steel quality weapons will not be found as random
loot, they will frequently be found on NPCs whose inventories are not randomly generated (in particular, guards).
One-Handed Bladed Weapons
The second type is only found during the Tutorial
. Two can be found on the dead skeleton.
Two-Handed Bladed Weapons
One Handed Blunt Weapons
The speed and reach of all Elven War Axes (both unenchanted and enchanted varieties) are different from those for all other War Axes.
If you have installed a certain version of the Unearthing Mehrunes Razor official plug-in
, there is a bug
that affects all standard Daedric War Axes: the base damage is reduced to 8 (not
22) and the axes will crumble to dust when you pick them up off the ground.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
Two Handed Blunt Weapons
This type of bow is only found during the Tutorial
. One is found next to the dead skeleton and another is carried by a Goblin.
Black Bows are only available from Black Bow Bandits
. Despite the name, Black Bows are identical in appearance to Steel Bows.
|This article could benefit from an image of:
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
These Quiver icons are not actually seen in game, but can be found in the game files.