The Lilmothiit (possibly meaning "one who is from Lilmoth"), also called the Fox-Folk, were a vulpine (fox-like) beast race who once inhabited Black Marsh. They were said by some to be related to the Khajiit of Elsweyr. The Lilmothiit were a nomadic tribal group, and left few enduring signs of their existence. They founded the settlements of Lilmoth and Blackrose. Lilmoth later came to be occupied by merchants and neighboring Argonian tribes. The Lilmothiit ruins of Blackrose were later turned into The Rose prison in a single day by Pelladil Direnni summoning an army of stone atronachs, under request by the Akaviri Potentate Versidue-Shaie in the Second Era.
For many generations, the Lilmothiit were in decline, and they eventually withdrew their presence on the coasts to the inland regions around Blackrose. Similar to the Kothringi, they became mostly extinct following the devastation of the Knahaten Flu in the mid-Second Era, leaving behind many ruins that scholars planned to explore.
- A History of Lilmoth — Tyrrya Len, The Wayrest Wanderer
- Lady Clarisse Laurent Answers Your Questions — Lady Clarisse Laurent
- Loremaster's Archive: Murkmire Q&A — Jee-Lar
- Wet Wilds of Black Marsh — Cirantille
- Once — Beredalmo the Signifier
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The War with the Trees: Argonia and the Black Marsh — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432