- Talk to the beldam of a witch coven.
- Head to the three specified dungeons.
- Collect an ingredient in each dungeon.
- Return the ingredients to the beldam within the time limit for your reward.
Out of the Cauldron...Edit
The beldam says:
- "If thou wisheth the help of the (witch coven), first thou must help us. Will thou bring us the three ingredients we need to complete our brew?"
The beldam goes on:
- "We witches need three ingredients we cannot find to make our brew of weather weaving. First, a perfect (mythic ingredient) from (dungeon 1). Second, search (dungeon 2) for (mineral), which will make the clouds boil. Lastly, the most efficacious (organic ingredient) thou must bring from (dungeon 3). Bring us these things in (time limit) days before our stew doth cool."
The beldam answers:
- "Then get thee from our coven ground, for ill favor follows those who expect the world for aught."
...And Into the FireEdit
This time, you must search each of three specified dungeons and find the required ingredient in each of them. You are looking for a "mythic" ingredient, some sort of mineral and an organic ingredient. In the dungeons with the "mythic" ingredient (dungeon 1) and the mineral (dungeon 2), you will be pursued by one of three different types of monsters in addition to the random dungeon monsters that are already present. Return to the beldam to collect your reward once you have acquired all three items. You must have all items to complete the quest successfully.
Upon returning to the Coven with all three items, the beldam will be pleased, saying:
- "Quick sister, take this (player's race)'s load. Mince the (mythic ingredient), peel the (mineral), and grind the (organic ingredient) to bits. Here we have three glittering baubles we have no use for. Take them, (player's name), as our way of thanking thee."
The beldam gives you a jade, a malachite, and a turquoise for your trouble.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
- Random dungeon monsters
- Dungeon 1
- Dungeon 2
- The dungeons can be explored and the items collected in any order you wish.
- Because of the random nature of the dungeon assignments, it is possible for the quest to assign the same dungeon to more than one of the three ingredient locations. In this case, multiple ingredients will appear within the dungeon, though not necessarily at the same quest location.
- Due to an error in the questfile, gargoyles will never appear as the stalking enemies in the mineral ingredient dungeon. Instead, this enemy is replaced by a 50% chance of: 5x one skeletal warrior every twelve in-game minutes (5% chance) once you enter the dungeon.
- This error is corrected by DFQFIX, gargoyles will appear as they should.
If you ask an NPC about the witch, you may hear:
- "She's one of the (witch coven). Someone to be polite to."
- "She's a mighty prophetess, affiliated with the (witch coven)."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The weather has been predictable lately. The Witches must be sleeping."
- "One of those witches tried to come to town on business, but we chased her out."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Remember when the witches cursed our (ruler's title). Guess they're losing their spark."
- "It's said that the (witch coven) are losing their skills."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "You can almost feel the energy. Like the air is getting ready to explode."
- "Whoever says the (witch coven) are losing their skills is a doomed fool."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "For the (mythic ingredient), (mineral), and (organic ingredient), I am at thy service, (player's first name)."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I asked thee for ingredients three, but thou didst fail (witch coven). Get thee from my sight."
|A Great Errand (q0c10y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): If I want to win the regard of (witch's name), I must retrieve three items for (him/her) and bring them back to the (witch coven) in (time limit) days. The three items -- (mythic ingredient), (mineral), and (organic ingredient) -- must be brought from (dungeon 1), (dungeon 2), and (dungeon 3) respectively. I seem to have my work cut out for me.|