Can't Find Lieutenant Or PlansEdit
In my version of the Stealing plans quest I'm not supposed to go to redorans retreat but to Lost Knife Hideout. I've been there and cleared everything. BUT I couldn't find any silverhand lieutenant and no plans. Anyone know what to do? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 17:47 on 20 November 2011
- I cannot remember the name of the dungeon I had to find the plans in, but it was in a chest in a room full of Redguards in Hammerfell costume who were not hostile but had their swords drawn at all times, and said something like "oh, ok" when you spoke to them. Really odd. Chintzy 17:21, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
- Same Problem too, i have to find the plans in Broken Helm Hollow, but there´s absolutley nothing. No Questmarker, no Stratagem, no Lieutenant ... nothing -.- the Stratagem via Console is without effect too, i have it then in my Inventory, but the Quest is still running :( Any Help, or Idea´s? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 17:28 on 30 April 2013
silver hand stratagemEdit
Mine is set to either no location or a location not on the map. When you bring up the journal and try to select show location on map the option is grayed out. Also using the console to additem for the plans and setstage for the quest does nothing. It will not advance and will not complete. It seems like the quest I got became disconnected from the game script and thus cannot be finished. This means I also cannot obtain any additional quests from the companions. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 03:58 on 9 December 2011
can't finish game without silver hand stratagem!Edit
i emailed bethesda and told them that i accidentally sold it (which you're not supposed to be able to do!) and they said i had to revert back to a save before that!? that was a week ago, basically saying i have to start the entire game over, unbelievable! what an incredible waste of time! who puts out a game with bugs that make it impossible to complete?! bethesda sucks, so disappointing! — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 00:14 on 11 December 2011
- Bug confirmed on PC. My quest is set to Broken Helm Hollow. Map shows dungeon as cleared. Did not find item. Manually added item to inventory from console, no change. setstage from console does not have any affect. Cannot remove quest or restart. Took quest weeks ago, so reverting to an earlier save (if one still exists) is not a viable solution. Anyone else have a solution for this yet? Pissed. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 02:08 on 20 December 2011
same problem Fort FellhammerEdit
- Same problem with Xbox 360.
- I can't find the stratagem anywhere ( or maybe i've sold it .. ) but i cannot find it from any seller — Unsigned comment by Darkeden82 (talk • contribs) at 10:09 on 23 December 2011
- Can't enter TREVA'S WATCH? Then this is your fix. (PC FIX ONLY) I found this out myself, took me HOURS of researching different websites, but I ended up figuring the only fix I'm aware of. I'm pretty good with computers. Here you go guys. :)
- STEP ONE: Press the "~" to open your console.
- STEP TWO: Type the following: movetoqt CR10
- NOTE: Might also work for other camps since CR10 is the code for Stealing Plans and not the camp ID.
(EDIT) BUG - Client Crash to Desktop when trying to enter Treva's Watch.
BUG DESCRIPTION AND PC FIX - Cannot Complete Quest due to "Infiltration" quest interfering. For me, I had completed "Infiltration" previously but when checking my completed quests in my journal the white diamonds next to progress were empty instead of filled as a solid white diamond. This bug happens when "Stealing Plans" is randomly located at Treva's Watch AFTER the "Infiltration" being completed. It says the area is CLEARED. I could not enter the door without the client crashing. After HOURS of researching I found nothing, so I started experiments with the console. This fix will spawn you next to the quest chest. The leader and a mage will be there ready to attack you. I killed them and am going to clear the entire dungeon backwards before I pick the plans up (Just to make sure I clear it and hopefully don't screw anything else up) I hope this works for you!
same issue, different placeEdit
Im stuck on this quest as well, due to client crashes at Swindler's Den. I completed/cleared that area once before on another random sidequest in the windhelm (the one with the Hammerfell lord). — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:43 on 4 January 2012
- Yes I just experience the same problem . Aim currently doing a companion quest with aela after becoming a werewolf and I was asked to find a plan at swindlers den and game freezes every time I enter the cave ... Any solution would be greatly appreciated. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:14 on 9 January 2012
- Exact same thing happened to me. PC version Windows 7
- Here's what fixed it for me:
I had same problem (location: Lost Knife's Hideout).
I even tried set questobject f1491 1 this is suposed to set the object into a questobject, but it didn't do anything for me.
But completequest cr10 worked, it doesn't really fix it, but at least it gets the quest out of ur journal. And since this is a radiant quest i think you can pick it up again. So it kinda works like resetting the quest (which is also a command that didnt work for me) except it'll fil up 'finished quests' in the journal. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 13:02 on 14 January 2012
I have the plans but cant complete the quest, when i talk to aela she only can give me work or training in archery. its on xbox 360. please help — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on January 18, 2012 09:40
- I'm helping. I had the same problem, Check to see if you have any other contracted companions quests, I had Trouble in Skyrim and Stealing Plans and I couldn't complete because I didn't finish Trouble in Skyrim. I hope this helps you and everybody else who has this problem. -Timmydoop — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 02:05 on 22 January 2012
- It appears this bug occurs when Faldar's Tooth was cleared before taking the quest. If you've done this, you will have the quest item and she will not let you give it to her. You may still continue with the rest of the quest line. Kazabet 04:37, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
- Is there a fix for this because I cannot get any more quests from the companions. 188.8.131.52 23:16, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
Stratagem is not at Gallows Rock, not on map at all.Edit
My quest description says the stratagem is in Gallows Rock, and Aela said Eastmarch when I was given the quest, but the quest marker goes off into nowhere and cannot be "shown on map"
I loaded from a previous save, returned to Aela, and got a quest to assassinate a Silver Hand leader at Treva's watch, with the same problem. After reloading yet another save, and following the quest marker (going into the back left door of Jorrvaskr, and got the same assassination quest. I still cannot get the bug out, and am fairly annoyed. Anyone have any idea on how to get this one done? -XBox 360 version — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 17:15 on 25 March 2012
- There appears to be no way to fix this problem on the XBox currently. It might be that continuing to load from saves prior to receiving the quest may give you a location with an accessible target item, but that is just a guess. This is a known bug (see Bugs section in article). --JR (talk) 14:19, 21 November 2012 (GMT)
Can't finish, can't removeEdit
Ended up doing this quest rather late and now I'm bugged: I have the stratagem, but can't give it to Aela since there is no dialog option for it. She can give me new jobs, but there is no option for training and I would either like the quest removed or finished. Typing
setstage cr10 0 or
setstage cr10 200 doesn't seem to do anything. Tried
movetoqt cr10 too just for the heck of it, nothing. The quest was at Swindler's Den, which I already cleared during the Alik'r quest. --220.127.116.11 22:24, 22 September 2013 (GMT)
CompleteQuest cr10worked --18.104.22.168 21:46, 23 September 2013 (GMT)
Silver Hand Stratagem found in JorrvaskrEdit
I happened to find this item on the floor in Jorrvaskr. I had been playing characters involved in the Companions questline twice before, but I never got the related quest. I'm currently playing another character involved in the Companions questline and found that item on the floor, under a table in the main hall. Not knowing what it was for, and being unable to drop it for it is a quest item, I proceeded to come here and found that nobody had reported that bug before. I didn't get the quest yet, I don't even have started the prerequisite quests to have it available.
Maybe this item is spawned incorrectly, making it impossible to find when the quest starts ?