||Fire and Forget
- Ball of sunlight that does 25 points of damage to undead.
Sun Fire is an apprentice level Restoration spell added by Dawnguard, which will do 25 damage to any undead target over 2 seconds. It has no effect on non-undead.
- As a counterbalance to only affecting undead, Sun Fire has a significantly lessened cost per damage ratio compared to Firebolt. Even with two points of Augmented Flames and all other things equal, Firebolt cannot match the efficiency that Sun Fire has, especially after accounting for the high degree of afterburn damage that Sun Fire inflicts.
- Due to plenty of enemies in Skyrim being undead - namely, the Draugr - this makes Sun Fire very valuable for any mage character to do much more damage than they normally could with Destruction spells.
- There is a tome that teaches this spell in Fort Dawnguard, at the far eastern side upon one of the bookshelves. If you are planning on joining the vampires remember to pick it up during the first quest, since you'll have little reason to return to the location after.
- Florentius Baenius has dialogue that indicates the Sun Fire spell can be used to open old Dawnguard caches, though no such caches are ever found in game.
- This spell will not damage reanimated enemies unless they were classed as undead before being killed. This is due to a missing condition check in the spell's settings (the spell only checks for the ActorTypeUndead keyword instead of also checking the IsUndead condition).