||Fire and Forget
- Ball of sunlight that does 25 points of damage to undead.
Sun Fire is an apprentice level Restoration spell added by Dawnguard, which will do 25 damage to any undead target over 2 seconds. It has no effect on non-undead.
- As a counterbalance to only affecting undead, Sun Fire has a significantly lessened cost per damage ratio compared to Firebolt. Even with two points of Augmented Flames and all other things equal, Firebolt cannot match the efficiency that Sun Fire has, especially after accounting for the high degree of afterburn damage that Sun Fire inflicts.
- Due to plenty of enemies in Skyrim being undead - namely, the Draugr - this makes Sun Fire very valuable for any mage character to do much more damage than they normally could with Destruction spells.
- This spell is normally unavailable if you join the vampires, as Sorine Jurard will be hostile to you. However, if you use a Pacify spell or item, you can calm her down so that she'll sell it to you. You must obviously do this before you destroy the Dawnguard.
- Florentius Baenius has dialogue that indicates the Sun Fire spell can be used to open old Dawnguard caches, though no such caches are ever found in game.
- This spell will not damage reanimated enemies unless they were classed as undead before being killed. This is due to a missing condition check in the spell's settings (the spell only checks for the ActorTypeUndead keyword instead of also checking the IsUndead condition).