- Target takes 75 points of shock damage per second to Health, and half that to Magicka.
Lightning Storm is a master level destruction spell that deals massive shock damage to Health and Magicka.
- Augmented Shock, raises damage to 93.75/s at first rank or 112.5/s at second rank
- This is the only spell in the game that uses concentration-style casting with both hands. You still have the 3-second delay before initially casting, as with most Master spells, but once it's going, you can keep it up until you run out of magicka.
- The spell only affects one target at a time, but you can keep it going by aiming it at other targets after the first is vaporized. This may be preferable to stopping and casting again, which will require you to wait for 3 seconds for it to warm up every time.
- Due to the fact that this spell cannot be dual-cast, its damage per second is significantly lower than most Master level spells. However, its damage per magicka efficiency is one of the best in the game.
- This spell has the longest range of any focus spell in the game. It is easily capable of hitting flying dragons, and this coupled with its instant speed makes it one of the best anti-air spells in the game.
- Like most Lightning spells, it can be used to set off Lightning Runes from a safe distance, though it's quite overpowered and not cost-effective for that purpose.
- Oddly, Lightning Storm does not kill hawks.
- There is a Master level fiery version of this spell, named "Dragon Breath", which is only available through console commands.