Online:Spear Shards< Elder Scrolls Online: Skills: Aedric Spear
|Line Rank||30||Cost||2970 Magicka|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||10 seconds|
|Range||28 meters||Area||8 meters|
The synergy grants both Magicka and Stamina instead of whichever is lowest. Reduces cost as the ability ranks up.
Increases the damage dealt.
- Spear Shards: Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing [2248 / 2272 / 2298 / 2321] Magic Damage to enemies in the area and an additional [173 / 175 / 178 / 180] Magic Damage every 1 second for 10 seconds. An ally near the spear can activate the Blessed Shards synergy, restoring 3960 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher.
- Luminous Shards: Cost: [2970 / 2880 / 2790 / 2700] Magicka.
Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing 2326 Magic Damage to enemies in the area and an additional 184 Magic Damage every 1 second for 10 seconds. An ally near the spear can activate the Holy Shards synergy, which restores 3960 Magicka and Stamina.
- Blazing Spear: Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing [3019 / 3053 / 3086 / 3118] Magic Damage to enemies in the area and an additional [235 / 236 / 239 / 243] Magic Damage every 1 second for 10 seconds. An ally near the spear can activate the Blessed Shards synergy, restoring 3960 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher.
Spear Shards deal Magic Damage to the target area. Allies may activate the Blessed Shards Synergy to restore Magicka or Stamina, based on which of their max values is higher. The Luminous Shards morph also restores the other resource by a smaller amount, while Blazing Spear deals an increased area damage over time.
- Before Update 14, Only the Blazing Spear morph dealt damage over time, and the Blessed Shards synergy only restored Stamina.
- Blazing Spear is a recommended morph for the Gleaming Champion build, while Luminous Shards is recommended for Bastion of Light and Beacon of Hope.
- Fixed a visual issue with this ability where the spear was falling horizontally.
- This ability will no longer disorient targets that roll dodge.
- Blazing Spear: Moderately increased this ability's damage over time.
- Spear Shards: Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't damaging or disorienting stealthed enemies.
- Blazing Spear: Slightly improved your game performance when using this ability.
- Fixed an issue where Spear Shards and Volley would not hit an enemy using Shadow Cloak.
- Fixed an issue with this ability and its morphs not sorting targets.
- Blazing Spear: This ability will now continue to deal damage over time even if the spear is removed as a result of someone using the Synergy. If you are stunned by Blazing Spear, you will now gain crowd control immunity.
- Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): This morph now displays a hostile red telegraph if it is cast from enemy Templars.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and the Luminous Shards morph were disorienting the incorrect number of targets.
- Decreased the time it takes for the spear from this ability and its morphs to land after being cast at the target location to 750 milliseconds from 1100 milliseconds.
- Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.
- The ticking damage from this morph now has the same radius as the initial damage.
- Developer Comments: We took the stun off of Blazing Spear and increased its damage over time duration to help differentiate it from Luminous Shard. We want Blazing Spear to be damage focused, and Luminous to be CC focused. Note: We're still working through a solution that makes Luminous feel unique from the other CC abilities, while maintaining the functionality of effectiveness on blocking targets.
- The Synergy from this ability and its morphs now restore Stamina or Magicka, whichever pool is larger. The amount restored is now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. The synergy also has a shared cooldown with the Necrotic Orb Synergy.
- This ability and the Luminous Shard morph no longer disorient an enemy. It also now deals moderate additional damage over time after the spear lands.
- Developer Comments: There are three main goals behind the changes to Spear Shards and its morphs. First, we want the design of Spear Shards to be more clearly focused – it's a powerful area of effect damage ability with a prominent synergy. Templars still have crowd control options with other abilities such as Piercing Javelin, Eclipse, and Focused Charge. This also prevents scenarios where the disorient on this ability would be a detriment; since Spear Shards could proc Burning Light, there would frequently be situations where the disorient broke immediately and gave your enemy a "free" crowd control immunity.
- Second, we wanted to lower the damage gap between the Luminous Shards and Blazing Spear morph choices. Blazing Spear is still ideal for raw damage, but it is no longer such a prominent difference; you won't feel as penalized if you want to sacrifice some damage to have better group utility.
- Finally, we've buffed the Luminous Shard synergy to return more resources. While this synergy will share a cooldown with Necrotic Orb, it allows Templars to have a more distinct version of the synergy without making it mandatory in end-game group content.
- Blazing Spear: This morph now increases the damage over time by approximately 30% as a morph effect.
- Luminous Shards: This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.
- Necrotic Orb: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restore Stamina or Magicka to the synergy-user, whichever resource pool is larger. The amount restored is now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. The synergy also has a shared cooldown with the Spear Shards synergy.
- Developer Comments: This allows classes other than Templars to bring a powerful resource restore synergy to the group as a substitute to Spear Shards.
- Fixed an issue where the cooldown buff from Spear Shards and Necrotic Orb's synergy had different names.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could not be dispelled by Negate Magic or the Earthgore Item Set.
- This passive ability now only affects Critical Damage, and does not affect Critical Healing.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and the Luminous Shards morph were not displaying hostile red telegraphs to enemy players.
- Blazing Spear: Fixed an issue where the hostile red telegraph from this morph was not indicative of its actual radius.
- Increased the damage done by this ability and the Luminous Shards morph by approximately 67%.
- Blazing Spear: Increased the damage done from this ability by approximately 60%.
- Developer Comment: This skill should now be more in line with other class area of effect damage over time abilities, such as Lightning Splash, and have more interesting choices between the two morphs.
- Increased the initial hit damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 36%.
- Increased the DoT of this ability and the Luminous Shards morph by approximately 5%.
- Adjusted how these abilities power up as they increase in rank:
- Spear Shards: Increases damage dealt by entire ability as it ranks up.
- Luminous Shards: No longer increases damage as it ranks up, but instead gains cost reduction (-90 Magicka per rank)
- Blazing Spear: Increases damage dealt by entire ability as it ranks up.
- Decreased cost of this ability and its morphs to 3024 from 3240.
- Decreased the DoT damage of Spear Shards and Luminous by approximately 37% per tick, and Blazing Spear by approximately 42% per tick.
- This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Increased the base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
- Reduced the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 30%.
- Blazing Spear (morph):
- Increased the initial hit damage of this ability by 10%, but decreased the damage over time by approximately 59% per tick.
- This morph now increases the total damage dealt by 20% compared to the base ability, rather than 10% of just the Damage over Time.
- Luminous Shards (morph):
- Decreased the base cost of this morph to 4590, down from 4950. Note that it still continues to decrease in cost base on rank, down to 4320 at Rank IV.
- Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs to 3780, down from 4950.
- Fixed an issue where the synergy from this ability could remove other synergies after being consumed.