|See Also||Lore version|
|Found in the following locations:
Old Orc Sayings: Shields
by Roald Kenway
Traditional Orcish quotes regarding shields
- 1. When you smash your enemy's shield, beware the splinters.
- 2. Better a smashed shield than smashed ribs.
- 3. Nothing beats a shield for beating mages—except a cudgel.
- 4. A shield full of arrows is better than a face full of arrows.
- 5. As immovable as a stone fortress, a wall of shields.
- 6. An axe is for cutting. A shield is for blocking.
- 7. A warrior's sword takes many lives, but his shield saves one.
- 8. A broken shield provides poor protection.
- 9. Paint your shield with the blood of your enemies.
- 10. A strong shield makes an attacker's heart despair.
- 11. A shield makes a bad plate and a plate makes a bad shield.
- 12. One shield is priceless, but two shields makes you look stupid.
- 13. They will fear us when they see our shields.
- 14. The shield that is whole in springtime is broken by summer's end.
- 15. An Orc warrior has two loves: his sword and his shield.
- 16. You are the only shield your clan has.
- 17. Many are the cairn stones of those that went into battle without shields.
- 18. A wooden shield is better than no shield at all.
- 19. If an enemy ducks behind his shield, cut off his leg. If he lowers his shield, cut off his head.
- 20. Keep your shield in front of you and Malacath will always be at your side.