2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
3 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon Damage
4 items: Adds 3-129 Stamina Recovery
5 items: Adds 3-171 Weapon Damage
5 items: Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 25%.
The set consists of medium armor and jewelry in all slots, as well as weapons and shields of all types.
Named pieces that are looted:
- Abomination's Bulwark of the Night Mother, a unique drop from The Abomination
- Bonetooth's Charm of the Night Mother, a unique drop from Bonetooth
- Dungeon-Delving Mittens of the Night Mother, a unique drop from Egg-Eater
- Sharpfang's Jagged Blade of the Night Mother, a unique drop from Sharpfang
Named pieces gained as Quest rewards:
- Kwama Mining Gloves, the quest reward for Search and Rescue
- Naryu's Sniper's Bow, the quest reward for A Favor Returned
- Naryu's Spare Blade, the quest reward for Hiding in Plain Sight
- Ordinator Breastplate, the quest reward for The Judgment of Veloth
- Ordinator Chausses, the quest reward for Plague Bringer
- Ordinator Helm, the quest reward for The Seal of Three
- Snakeskin Belt, the quest reward for The Trial of the Ghost Snake
Zones drop pieces from their sets:
- Delve bosses drop a waist, foot, or unique item piece.
- Overland bosses drop a head, chest, leg, weapon, or unique item piece.
- Public dungeon bosses drop a shoulder, hand, weapon, or unique item piece.
- Chests at Dark Anchors drop a jewelry set piece.
- Treasure chests have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone; the chance is increased by having the Treasure Hunter champion perk.
- Zone story quest rewards are often part of overland sets.
- There is a similarly named craftable set: Night Mother's Gaze. Items of both sets have the same naming convention: "<Item> of the Night Mother". They are different sets and should not be confused for each other.