- Night of the Soul: Help a Temple disciple regain his faith.
Upon your first encounter, he is cynical and will attempt to brush you off.
- "I have no reassurance to offer. Do what you think best in the time remaining."
- What troubles you?
- "I am a disciple of the Tribunal. My people come to me for comfort, yet I have none to give. The Three are silent. I lift my voice, but they do not answer.
The Covenant circles Ebonheart, and I cannot even pray for wisdom."
- Why can't you pray to the Three?
- "The Tribunal punishes the people for my faithless ways. The shrines to Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec are surrounded by a foul smell and angry alit.
Please, traveler. Do what I cannot. Burn these flowers at the shrines. Then pray for Ebonheart."
- I'll see what I can do.
- "Burn the flowers at each shrine. They're a rare variety of gold kanet called 'Roland's Tears' and are sacred to the Three. I pray they hear you."
Returning with the blessings:
- "I can feel the blessings upon you. It's a power I've not felt myself for many years."
- I am to comfort you. Almalexia protects us. She relies on you to aid her children.
- "I...I see. I hadn't considered there might be threats more grave than the Covenant invasion. You would think, given all we know of the treachery of Coldharbour, that I would see that.
What of Sotha Sil?"
- His messenger said he knows you are strong enough to bear your tasks.
- "I am ashamed. The Three have shown more faith in me than I have in them.
I dread asking this, but what of Lord Vivec."
- He said not to worry about your true concern: that he is not what he once was.
- "Ha! I should have known. Vivec is the most subtle of the Three.
It's true, I've been counseling a Dunmer who questions his faith. He told me the Tribunal are losing their powers."
- Did this Dark Elf have any proof?
- "Only indirectly. We see the Three less every year. They no longer make their annual pilgrimage to Red Mountain on Vvardenfell, and no one knows why.
It all seemed so convincing when he said it."
- What is this Dark Elf's name?
- "His name is Rhavil Urano. He hasn't come to pray for days now. He was in such despair.
- I think he'd even stopped bathing. The last time I saw him, he smelled terrible, like fresh offal."
- Interesting. The beasts surrounding the shrines were drawn there by piles of offal.
- "What? Have I been a fool? I questioned my faith for the flimsiest of reasons and caused others to question theirs. I have much to do to correct my failure.
- I wish I knew why Rhavil Urano's doubting words were so compelling."
After the quest:
- "I fear I've done terrible harm to the morale of my people in Ebonheart.
I'll do all I can to convince them to work with House Dres. They've been constant in their defense against the Covenant invaders."