They spend most of their time preaching the evils of murder, using one of the following scripts:
- "Murder is a filthy business in the eyes of Akatosh!"
- "And those who treat murder as business are the worst of all!"
- "Hear me, faithful of Akatosh! I speak of the foul followers of Sithis!"
- "The Dark Brotherhood! Cowards and skeever lovers, the lot of them!"
- "There's a hidden evil corrupting Kvatch."
- "These villains are cowards, hiding in the shadows!"
- "They are toothless dragons! powerless, frightened."
- "Do not fear the Dark Brotherhood! They are children compared to Akatosh!"
After A Lesson in Silence is completed, their sermons become sheepish:
- "It's all right to be angry, you faithful of Akatosh!"
- "But they'll never silence her voice! Her sermons will live on!"
- "Just, perhaps, with a little less zeal until some of this blows over."
- "The Grand Sermonizer, called home to Akatosh before her time!"
- "But Akatosh and his Primate will guide us through these troubling times."
- "We just have to have faith, my friends. And maybe a little wine …."
- While Akatosh Sermonizers are preaching, two or three citizens will gather to listen; thus it is easiest to kill them while they are silent.