Oblivion talk:Expelled from the Fighters Guild
- 1 Untitled Section
- 2 Bear Pelts
- 3 No other console command?
- 4 Not a glitch
- 5 Doing this quest while being master?
- 6 oblivion - kicked out of every guild
- 7 Quest Collision
- 8 Bogus Gray Cowl info
- 9 Getting Expelled
- 10 any console command to start this quest after becoming guildmaster?
- 11 Moved notes
- 12 can i finish quest and not get expelled (xbox no commands)
Warning: There is a glitch that will keep this quest alive even though it is completed. While you are back in the Fighter's Guild, the active quest never becomes inactive and simply states that you have been re-instated. There is no way to clear this without either reloading from a time before you committed your crime against the guild. Console commands may work to clear this, but it's best to avoid the problem altogether.
OK, well this pretty much sucks!! Now I can't finish the FG quests???
Follow Modryn towards the next ruins, north of your current location. Inside you're the one who's leading again, so explore the place until you found Azani Blackheart. Kill him, and (if you're using light armor) make sure you grab his goodies. Get the ring too, because Modryn wants it. Oreyn and I have found and defeated Azani Blackheart.
I have given the ring to Oreyn. This will allow him to prove that it was the Fighters Guild who finally defeated Azani Blackheart.
Modryn will leave the ruins by himself, and tells you to do some other jobs for now.
I must have hit Oreyn with my sword or something in the ruins because he accused me of stealing from the FG all of a sudden and now he won't take the ring from me so I can complete this quest. NOW WHAT?? I have tried everything I can think of.... — Unsigned comment by DarkArrow (talk • contribs) at 23:26 on 31 October 2006
- It might not always occur, but when i gave her the bear pelts, it said 20 were removed but i went back in my inventory and i still had 19, therefore, i only lost one pelt — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
I moved this note here in the hope of finding out more details (also the note needs to be rewritten to not be in first person). Is there any chance that when this happened you had some stolen bear pelts in your inventory? Do you happen to know how many stolen pelts and how many legal pelts you had originally? I know something similar happened to me while testing the Mages Guild suspensions: I had 25 Redwort Flowers (15 legal, 10 stolen), the message said 20 were taken, but in fact only 5 of the stolen ones were taken. Or was there anything else unusual that might explain why only one was removed? --Nephele 01:00, 20 February 2007 (EST)
the same thing happened with me with the destruction master trainer. I just sold the 19 pelts when I got to a city. 22.214.171.124 23:21, 7 July 2007 (EDT)
During the mages guild retrival quest (I stole from someone) I got 20 dragon flowers ( i forgot their name) and five redworts. It was a whim but they took it all and I got reinstated… Most useful glitch. — Unsigned comment by Drake3555 (talk • contribs)
No other console command?
Is there no console command for reinstating the player BEFORE he even gets the quest? I am expelled (though I never actually gotten any message, my factions-icon just disappeared) but I dont yet have this quest.
I tried to complete it for funsies and with cheats but the quest still remains in the questlog without being resolved. Going back to an earlier save would mean the need to play 10 hours worth of leveling twice once again :( --Nemini 22:02, 5 May 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not clear whether you're asking how to get back into the fighters guild or how to make the quest disappear from your diary. If you just want to artifically make the quest disappear from your diary after you've reinstated yourself into the guild, you should be able to use the command
StopQuest FG00Expulsion. If you want to prevent the quest from starting, you should be able to use the following commands:
SetPCExpelled FightersGuild 0
SetPCFactionMurder FightersGuild 0
SetPCFactionSteal FightersGuild 0
- You might have to replace "FightersGuild" with "2228F" in each of those commands. --NepheleTalk 17:41, 6 May 2007 (EDT)
- Ah allright thx. I already solved it with the "stopquest" command but its nice to know that those other commands exist. Maybe its time for an addition to the console commands page here? --Nemini 10:35, 7 May 2007 (EDT)
- StopQuest won't do the trick (at least it didn't do it for me), I had to use "CompleteQuest FG00Expulsion" to move it to the completed quests tab. --ThebigMuh 18:01, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
Not a glitch
The quest is completed after "steeling" three times.
Completed Quests Journal Entry
Because of my crimes against the Fighters Guild. I have been permanently expelled. --Robert Smith 06:35, 18 May 2007 (EDT)
- Correct... not a "glitch" at all as the Expelled quest is all in one quest entry instead of being split into more than one, so it is only "completed" if the player is expelled for good the third time. I edited the relevant section on the main page to indicate this and that "completing" it via console is optional. Kivan 16:37, 6 May 2008 (EDT)
- "move the quest to the completed quests page: CompleteQuest FG00Expulsion"
- What if I get expelled again after I have manually completed this quest? I expect the whole thing will malfunction magnificently. --126.96.36.199 01:15, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
Doing this quest while being master?
Is it possible to use console commands to get this quest after becoming the guildmaster?
oblivion - kicked out of every guild
I was playing when a message popped up saying I have been suspended from the mages guild of theft, then another from the thieves guild for theft, and then another for the fighter's guild. This happened after I completed the first mission for the dark brotherhood but not immediately. I played for another 20 minutes and just when I found another oblivion gate it gave me all those messages. I haven't stolen anything that the thieves guild didnt assign me. What gives? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- Sounds like you might have attacked your horse, and that you haven't installed the latest patch. Without the 1.2 Patch, striking your horse (even if accidentally while trying to defend your horse from an attack) is considered to be a theft. And since you're a guild member, you are stealing from the guild, therefore causing you to be kicked out of every guild. --NepheleTalk 16:25, 23 June 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for the advice. It worked like a charm.
- (moved from the article)
- If you are in the Dark Brotherhod and you complete Next of Kin and talk to a Fighter's Guild Member, they will tell you that you are expelled and this will also start the quest.
Bogus Gray Cowl info
Removed the following from the main page:
Also, be careful to not wear the Grey Cowl of Nocturnal while speaking to anyone who is part of the guild. It will count as a crime against the guild and you will be kicked out.
It doesn't; the info is codswollop. Yes, I verified, talking to a dozen or so guild members, guild heads including Master Donton. They will greet the player as the Gray Fox and that's all. -- Kivan 15:55, 16 May 2008 (EDT)
A long time ago, I added a statement in the article that says that due a major bug, you cannot get expelled from the Fighters Guild. Shortly after, rpeh reverted it saying "totally untrue". I deciced to bring this up here.
I can't get expelled from the Fighters Guild. I tried it at all of the ranks, commiting all kinds of crimes. Nothing can expell me from the Fighters Guild. Not even when I slayed everybody in the Anvil guild hall (except Azzan who was essential at the time), I still didn't get expelled from the Fighters Guild. I have all the Official Plugins including Shivering Isles, and UOP along with UOMP. But the same things occured when I was playing a vanilla game, with any official mods or unofficial patches. Any ideas? --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk • Deeds • 22:13, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
- I've been expelled many times so it definitely works, and the number of people who have edited the article suggest they don't have problems either. rpeh •T•C•E• 03:41, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
any console command to start this quest after becoming guildmaster?
- You could try
setstage FG00Expulsion 10but I'm not sure it'll work. rpeh •T•C•E• 09:07, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- If you are the Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild and get kicked out of the Fighters Guild, an easy way to acquire the Minotaur Horns is to get one horn and then use the enchanted chest to multiply it.
- On PC, if you want to avoid even having to start this quest, you can use the following Console commands to clear the flags that say you committed a crime (
0002228Fis the Fighters Guild faction ID):
SetPCFactionMurder 2228F 0
SetPCFactionSteal 2228F 0
SetPCExpelled 2228F 0
can i finish quest and not get expelled (xbox no commands)
ive just got my first attempt wanna keep it except the perma quest active doesnt bother me having first attemp mage, but this one just wondering if i can keep this quest alive until i become master of the guild and finish the quest, yes? no? what happens?.. thx