When you arrive back at the Priory of the Nine, Sir Thedret will approach you and tell you that the Prophet has come to the Priory to see you. He had predicted you'd be returning any time and is currently in the Priory Chapel giving a sermon to the new Knights of the Nine.
The Ninth ElementEdit
Make your way into the chapel and listen to the Prophet talk. He will speak with you after he is finished. He says that Tiber Septim has ascended and become Talos, and as such he can now grant you the power that Pelinal Whitestrake never had: the ninth Crusader's Relic, the Blessing of Talos. He goes on explaining that it will allow you to follow Umaril after his earthly death and defeat him permanently in the spirit realm. You must travel to Garlas Malatar, at the edge of the Gold Coast overlooking The Abecean Sea, and defeat Umaril forever.
After speaking with the Prophet, the quest will be officially complete and the next quest will have automatically started. All of the named NPCs that came to the Priory to join the Knights of the Nine will be in the Chapel listening to the Prophet when you arrive, and ones you have accepted into the order will immediately head for Garlas Malatar. Others will stay behind, and you can choose to accept them now. The more Knights you have later in the quest, the easier certain parts are. You can still accept them after the battle. If any die, they will later be replaced by unnamed NPCs.
The Blessing of Talos is a 0 magicka cost lesser power, i.e. you can cast it multiple times per day. The effects are:
- Drain Speed and Drain Agility 15 pts for 60 seconds on self.
- Fortify Strength and Fortify Endurance 20 pts for 60 seconds on self.
- A "Blessing of Talos" script effect that takes the player to the spirit realm if Umaril is dead.
Because this spell includes a Drain Attribute component, it is one of the few ways to gain access to that spell at the Spellmaking Altar. This spell remains available even after you have completed the Knights of the Nine questline.
- After the Prophet has spoken with you, if you head inside the Priory Undercroft you will find that Sir Berich (Lord Vlindrel) has joined the circle of ghostly knights, completing the holy order in death as it should have been. Speak to Sir Berich to learn that you redeemed his soul and accomplished a legendary task.
- Once you receive The Blessing of Talos, the fatigue curse you took on for Kellen in the previous quest Stendarr's Mercy will be removed.
|The Blessing of Talos (ND09)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|5||(Moves the prophet to the chapel)|
|10||(Dummy stage to allow smooth transition)|
|20||The Prophet has arrived at the Priory to see me. My knights have gathered in the Chapel to listen to him preach. I should speak to him immediately.|
|25||(The prophet speaks)|
|50||(Dummy stage to allow smooth transition between active quests)|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage ND09 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: The Sword of the Crusader||Up: Knights of the Nine||Next: Umaril the Unfeathered|