|Charge/Cost = Uses||3000/300=10|
The Daedric artifact Sanguine Rose is a staff awarded at the end of Sanguine's Daedric quest. It looks like a normal staff with a rose made of wood at the top and with thorns coming from the base.
It summons a random Daedra who attacks the person or creature targeted by the spell (the spell must hit a person/creature in order to work). The summon may be any type of Daedra. If you are lucky enough to summon a Xivilai, it will also summon a Clannfear as soon as it spawns. After killing all enemies in the area, the Daedra may turn on you, but it only exists for 20 seconds before disappearing, and can be prematurely canceled by using another summoning spell.
The lore article provides more historical information.
- During the Blood of the Daedra quest, giving the Sanguine Rose to Martin will lead him to reveal that he previously owned the Rose, albeit briefly.
- Using the Rose on an NPC counts as assault, and will get you a bounty.
- The Rose, as with any summoning, can be exploited to obtain grand souls. Use the Rose repeatedly on a cluster of hostile NPCs until you summon a higher-level daedra. Immediately cast a soul trap spell on it. Help the NPCs kill the daedra in 20 seconds and you have the desired soul (provided you had a good enough empty soul gem in inventory).
- Bodies from Daedra summoned by the Rose stay longer than summoned ones and can be looted, providing excellent access to normally difficult to obtain Daedric ingredients.
- The Sanguine Rose will also work on a corpse.