|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Added by||Vile Lair|
|Magicka||100 + 1.5*(PC-1) (PC=2-41)|
The Dark Minion wears one of only four black hoods in the game, along with a dark shirt, a pair of laced leather pants, a pair of leather boots, and a leather bracer. In combat he relies entirely on a leveled dagger. As a vampire, the Dark Minion possesses all relevant abilities.
His room is off to the right of the underwater entrance to the hollow. He may be ordered to "murder in the name of Sithis", at which point he will leave the lair, returning two days later at midnight with random leveled loot. This loot can be found in the minion's room in a wooden chest. Details of his mission may be found on the Deepscorn Hollow page.
The minion himself is quite macabre, one of his pastimes being "painting" by using the blood of a corpse. He can be found wandering the halls or sleeping unless you've sent him on a mission. He can occasionally be seen raking the garden of venom growth if the player has purchased it. He sometimes practices boxing in his room. He also prays at the statue of Sithis in the back of the cave.
When you approach your Minion he will greet your approach by saying, "Sithis be with you, Brother/Sister." Speaking to the Minion will have him say: "At your service, Master." You may either ask him to kill in the name of Sithis or tell him that you have no need of him at the moment. Regardless of which dialogue option you choose, his reply is the same: "Yes, Master. Whatever you say." As you end a conversation with him he will say farewell with the line, "Walk always in the Shadow of Sithis."
- The Dark Minion reads books between 10pm and midnight, and may pick up any books he finds in Deepscorn Hollow, including those that you have left lying around. If he takes any important books, you can usually pick his pocket while he sleeps to retrieve them.
- Some users experience an issue in which the Minion disappears on a mission to kill somebody and never reappears. This may be caused by the Minion's scripting; the player needs to be near where he left for the scripting to resume processing. If your Minion has disappeared, go to where the trapdoor ladder is and he may return.
- This bug is fixed by version 7 of the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- Using the "player.moveto" console command with the refID of the Dark Minion may cause him to reappear.
- It is possible for the Minion to stop correctly functioning if he gets sent out on a mission repeatedly because of some variables not being reset.
- This bug is fixed by version 22 of the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.