- Talk to the quest giver of your Temple.
- Head to the dungeon named by the quest giver.
- Enter the dungeon and find the evil focus.
- Choose whether you want to accept the offer of the Daedra Seducer.
- If you do not accept her offer, return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
The Growing ThreatEdit
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Player's name), my name is (quest giver's name). (Temple's god) has prophesied a great evil growing in the heart of a nearby dungeon. We need you to go destroy this thing. Will you do it?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "There is no time to waste. Travel to the (dungeon). There you will find the (evil focus). Destroy it within (time limit) days and all will be well again. A sign will appear in the temple when this is done. Return to me and I will pay you well."
The quest giver answers:
- "I have no time to spare. I must find someone to take up this quest."
Unfocus the EvilEdit
Travel to the specified dungeon and enter it. Search its depths for the evil focus. When you find the item in question, pick it up and see:
- As you reach for the (evil focus) it transforms into a beautiful woman.
- "What a tasty young mortal! I see you came to destroy the (evil focus). I have a better idea. If I give you this magic (magical item), you go back to the temple and tell them that you couldn't find the (evil focus). They can hardly blame you, and you get to keep the (magical item)."
You have three options:
Decline the OfferEdit
Destroy the Daedra Seducer and return the evil focus to the Temple. When struck for the first time, the Seducer growls:
- "Then die like the pious mortal you are!"
Loot her corpse and make your escape. The Seducer's death draws the attention of a lot of enemies after you, so be prepared either to run or to fight. Deliver the item to the quest giver for your promised reward.
Accept the OfferEdit
Accept the offer, and receive the promised magical item from the Daedra Seducer. If you choose this option, you will lose reputation with both your Temple and its deity. The Daedra Seducer will be still there, but she won't attack unless you attack her first. Although you will still have the focus in your inventory, you cannot bring it back to the quest giver; it simply won't be accepted. Therefore, you must wait until the quest's time limit expires, which will result in additional reputation losses.
Trick the Daedra SeducerEdit
Accept the magical item, but attack and dispatch the Daedra Seducer anyway. Travel back to the quest giver and hand over the evil focus to collect your reward. Using this option, you can complete the quest, get the magical item, and get your promised reward from the Temple. Additionally, no additional enemies will pursue you. However, you will end the quest with overall reputation losses.
When you return with the evil item and the Daedra Seducer dispatched, the quest giver will say:
- "(Player's name), you have the thanks of all our clergy. The evil has been destroyed. As I promised, here is (random gold) gold pieces for your reward."
If you don't return the evil item within the quest's time limit, the quest will be considered failed.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
If you accepted the offer of the Daedra Seducer, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-12|
|Temple and its associated factions||-6|
If you accepted the offer of the Daedra Seducer, but dispatched her nonetheless, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-5|
|Temple and its associated factions||-3|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Guardian of the Evil Item: One Daedra Seducer
- One Gargoyle five in-game minutes if you decline the Daedra Seducer's offer
- One Harpy three in-game minutes if you decline the Daedra Seducer's offer
- One Daedroth seven in-game minutes if you decline the Daedra Seducer's offer
- Six Giant Spiders nine in-game minutes if you decline the Daedra Seducer's offer
- According to the questfile, the Daedra Seducer is supposed to disappear after she has given you the magical item. But since this doesn't work as planned, you have the opportunity to get the magical item and complete the quest successfully.
- DFQFIX restores this intended effect and the Daedra Seducer will vanish as designed. Note that this makes the option to trick the Daedra Seducer impossible to accomplish.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Temple) are very interested in (dungeon) suddenly."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Evil is still within (dungeon), but it's changed its form."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Temple) destroyed an Evil within (dungeon) few knew existed."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You're the destroyer of The (evil focus), of course, I remember you."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "The (evil focus) yet thrives. I have nothing for you but scorn."
|The Great Evil (c0b3xy09)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): A member of (temple) in (town) named (quest giver's name) charged me with the task of destroying the evil (evil focus) in the (dungeon). It must be done within (time limit) days or the evil will be unleashed upon an innocent world. Or mostly innocent anyway.|