Gaming Me: Oblivion was my first ES game, and I played it off and on for around five years. I'm now playing Skyrim regularly, and eventually, I want to go through the other games as well, starting with Arena and moving forward. In addition to Skyrim, I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate off and on, and I tried X-Com: Enemy Unknown, but didn't really care for it...it didn't feel like the old X-Coms. I'm also looking forward to getting Diablo III at some point.
Real Me: I'm a 50-year-old gay guy who lives in Ottawa with my partner, Pat. I'm on disability, being nearly housebound by Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (sometimes referred to as "chronic fatigue syndrome", though this name is falling out of style due to its inaccuracy), which is why you can often see me here at odd hours. If you're interested in knowing what that's like from a personal perspective, I wrote about it on Facebook a while back: A Day in the Life of CFS.
Mods I CreatedEdit
Adds quest markers to all Stones of Barenziah in No Stone Unturned.
(Now deprecated in favour of Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers.)
Other Projects, Hacks, Etc.Edit
- Beta-tester (briefly) for the last Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Contributed significantly to the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patch.
- Hacked Diablo II's character saved-game format for v. 1.09+, correctly figuring out the CRC check...only to find out someone else had beaten me to it. :(
- Created a tiny mod to light up the various treasure sources in Diablo II and change trapped containers to glow red. Never released publicly, but available on request if anybody wants it.
- Designed a "Speed Dating" mod for Baldur's Gate II that makes romances less glacial; in beta-testing.
- Completely reverse-engineered Ultima III in 1993 and reproduced the game in a more "modern" Turbo Pascal 7, complete with interrupt-based animation. Lost the code in a hard drive crash about a year or two later.
- Created map decoder complete with both text-based display and full graphical animation for X-COM: Terror from the Deep. Lost the code in the same hard drive crash as above. I re-created a text-only version of it in Turbo Pascal 7 afterwards, but never the full graphical version.