UESPWiki talk:Patrollers/Patrolling Guidelines
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Why A Separate Page?
For those who are wondering, I thought the rules for patrolling edits could use a page of their own for several reasons:
- To keep the main Patrollers page about what a Patroller is about, not the specific rules on patrolling once you are one.
- By putting these on a page of their own, it allows much easier formatting and re-organization, as necessary.
- The Q&A format on the existing Patrollers' page, while useful, was not easy to scan through for quick answers to questions.
- Gives us a separate discussion page for questions about specific patrolling issues.
Things to Do
- The page could undoubtedly still use some work by experienced Patrollers. I've marked a couple of sections (in italics) on the main page, where more information is required.
- There's a bit of a style-war in the page between using a somewhat more formal third-person "a Patroller" and the more informal second-person "you". I think the informal second-person approach might be more appropriate and easier to work with overall, but I can see an argument for a more formal style in this context as well.
- Decide whether Patroller is a title, and thus capitalized (as I think it should be), or if it's not, and thus in lower-case. Change all Patroller-related pages to match. :)