|Archive 1: Oct 2016 - May 2017|
|Archive 2: Jun 2017 - Feb 2018|
|Archive 3: Feb 2018 - Jan 2019|
Feel free to post any discussion about the Eso Build Editor including bugs, issues, suggestions, and other feedback. Please sign and date your post by typing ~~~~ or clicking the signature icon in the edit toolbar.
- 1 Mitigation does not include Direct Damage Taken reduction
- 2 Major Evasion Increases your AOE Damage Taken by 25%
- 3 update 21 Racial passives- high elf bonuses not working correctly
- 4 Build editor
- 5 Breton Spell Resistance duplication
- 6 Medium armor "Agility" passive giving extra weapon damage
- 7 U21 racial changes max resources not calculated properly
- 8 U21 Racial Passive - Orc weapon damage not applying correctly
- 9 New redguard martial training passive
- 10 U21 sets and Max resistances
- 11 Max Resources are still incorrect for the Update 21 "re-save" function!!!! You are Also doubling the racial passives!!!
- 12 Bone Pirate 5 set bonus (2k stamina) no longer being applied with the use of drinks on the simulator.
- 13 Imperial Mettle
- 14 Errors in resistance calculations: heavy armor, winter's embrace and werewolf
- 15 Update 21 rules box
- 16 PTS Armor sets.
- 17 Wall of Elements Ability not added to skill bar
- 18 Rapid mending incorrect values
- 19 Effective Weapon Power & Spell Power
- 20 PTS patch v4.3.3
- 21 Battalion Defender
- 22 Hargraven's Garden?
- 23 Miscalculated weapon and spell damage when switching between nirnhoned and other traits
- 24 Champion System 20% Bonus Notation.
- 25 Established Build Unable to be saved
- 26 Wrathstone DLC Released on PC.
- 27 U21 Sets (reworked)
- 28 Meteor tooltip increased by inferno staff passive, but not lightning staff passive. I assume that's a bug.
- 29 Alessian Order
- 30 Two Handed passive
- 31 Mighty Glacier Set Toggle
- 32 Problems with Shields (items)
- 33 Problem with flame enchant on staff
- 34 Champion Points in Tumbling aren't reducing Dodge Roll Cost
- 35 Soulshine Set Bonus
- 36 Soul Shatter tooltip
- 37 Innate Axiom
- 38 [Request] <a> tag instead of <input> for edit button on the build list
- 39 Trainee Set Items showing wrong values for set bonuses
- 40 Mark of the Pariah
- 41 One-handed weapon enchantment values (post-wrathstone.)
- 42 Steed Mundus Stone - incorrect calculation
- 43 Dagger's enchantment now inflicts only half of it's value
- 44 Deadly strike +14% not showing in final tooltip
- 45 PTS Patch note V5.0.1
- 46 Poison inject tooltip broken with "Update 22 Rules"
- 47 missing chest gear
- 48 PTS patch v5.0.2
- 49 Edit: Remove Overload Bar
- 50 [Request] New delete button?
- 51 imbue weapon buffed by the wrong ancient knowledge passive
- 52 PTS Patch note V5.0.3
- 53 PC/Mac patch note V5.0.5 (Elsweyr and Update 22.)
- 54 Dual WIeld Dagger Crit Chance bonus not showing up
- 55 Any chance for adding grim focus into damage mitigation?
- 56 Bloodspawn Toggle Missing
- 57 Claw of Yolnahkriin Buff missing
- 58 Wrong value at infused Torugs crusher enchant
- 59 Alessian Order 5 Piece Bonus Gone Again with Full Update 22 Patch?
- 60 Burning Spellweave Spell Damage Not Working
- 61 Staff Expert not applying calculated damage to Overload.
- 62 Essence Thief 10% extra damage isn´t reflected in the tooltip
- 63 Empower/Bound Armaments/Elegant Set not applying calculated damage to Overload
- 64 Troll King health recovery buff not appearing
- 65 [DK] seething fury
- 66 Buffs / Cyrodiil
- 67 Dark Cloak
- 68 Redguard Extra 2k Stamina
- 69 No jewels of Vesture of Darloc Brae
- 70 Major Aegis absent
- 71 Raid Dummy idea
- 72 Rapid Strikes damage breakdown
- 73 Troll King Not on Stat Sheet
- 74 Necromancer Passive Death Knell II
Mitigation does not include Direct Damage Taken reduction
Mitigation assessment is very useful to evaluate a build however it does not account for buff/debuff including Direct/DoT reduction CPs.
I.e. there's phys/mag mitigation and phys/mag aoe mitigation (no dots?), so at least "Direct Damage Taken" should be included for direct phys/spell damage to account for Ironclad CP.
For AoE as I understood there's no single truth as to whether it is direct or not so let's leave it without DDT perhaps - just to compare.
- I've added two Direct Damage mitigation stats as well as including the DamageTaken stat in the calculation. There's so many different combinations it is hard to list them all and I'd like to review the mitigation stats to make sure they are all calculated correctly. -- Daveh (talk) 15:35, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- Many thanks Daveh, although it doesn't seem to work. I.e. even what was working before is broken now :) For some reason PhysicalDamageTaken now shows -100 for me (should be -8 on that build as per Raw Data), and I'd expect "Defending Spell DD Mitigation" having "Raw Data / Direct Damage Taken" instead of "Skill.DirectDamageTaken" as my DD reduction is only from ironclad. In general I'm using jscalc mitigation calculator taken from here for rough CP diminishing effectiveness assessment, however it's far from being complete Rufferson (talk) 07:47, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- I've fixed a few things with the Computed Stat Mitigation values that should work. The new Mitigation tab should contain more accurate figures and you can compare directly to the mitigation calculator you linked. If you find any other discrepancies just let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 17:40, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Daveh, I've been using it already for quite a while after it appeared and it's amazing! Just one question - is Frost really not using Elemental Defender? Tooltip is saying Reduces your damage taken from Flame, Frost, Shock, and Magic Damage — Unsigned comment by Rufferson (talk • contribs) at 18:10 on 11 February 2019
Major Evasion Increases your AOE Damage Taken by 25%
update 21 Racial passives- high elf bonuses not working correctly
Breton was recently changed in update along with all the other races in terms of their passives. Breton was given 7% magicka cost reduction, 2000 max magicka, and spell resist with 100 mag recovery aswell. What i noticed when comparing races (keeping build the same, but changing races and seeing the individual benifits) and i noticed that breton and high elf had the same lava whip tool tip, like exactly the same which was 11970 dmg, then i noticed it was for all my skills. However High Elf got 2000 max magicka along with 258 spell damage so i dont understand how they give the same tooltip. I believe one is bugged in the fact that breton maybe has the 258 dmg coded by accident or high elf didnt get it coded, therefore they would both be the same...
Edit: I figured out the problem, the high elf 258 spell damage isnt getting applied on the build site, i refunded the passive and the dmg didn't change but when i applied major courage (258 spell dmg) it changed so yeah i think thats the issue. — Unsigned comment by CJA CeNTRaL (talk • contribs) at 06:00 on 23 January 2019
- I was working on the new update 21 passives all yesterday so chances are you got them when they were half-working. Try doing a full/hard page reload on the builder and it should be working correctly now. -- Daveh (talk) 15:25, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
I can't get the new jewelry traits to appear in the builder. Just the original choices are showing. Sorry if this has been answered or in wrong spot. New to the site — Unsigned comment by Oasis23 (talk • contribs) at 18:56 on 23 January 2019
Breton Spell Resistance duplication
- Looks like it's back again?
2310: Spell Attunement 3 passive in Breton Skills line (Skill.SpellResist) 2310: Spell Attunement 3 passive in Breton Skills line (Skill.SpellResist)
- and it is definitely 2.3k above to what is shown on the ragdoll in eso. Rufferson (talk) 07:28, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
- found the dup was caused by the checkbox Attunement under skills which was supposed to enable it. Clearing checkbox made proper resist. Rufferson (talk) 22:04, 28 February 2019 (UTC)
Medium armor "Agility" passive giving extra weapon damage
It is giving an extra 15 base weapon damage, which shouldn't exist. Under the category "Skill2.WeaponDamage".
This is in addition to the intended 15% multiplier.
U21 racial changes max resources not calculated properly
The extra resources racial Passives are beign calculated wrongly, benefiting from both the 1.2x resources from having 300+ CP and the max magicka multiplier from buffs and passives, while it should only be buffed by buffs and passives, not CP, just like extra resources from foods and drinks. Arkona (talk) 05:54, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the notice. Tested this quickly on PTS to confirm and now fixed! -- Daveh (talk) 21:09, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
U21 Racial Passive - Orc weapon damage not applying correctly
Various skills seem to either not include the extra Weapon Damage from swift warrior, or seem to have the WD applied to the skill reduced (compared to total WD). This is after a forced refresh.--Freddie b (talk) 07:35, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- Figured out the issue and it should be fixed once you do another forced page reload. -- Daveh (talk) 16:22, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- The orc weapon damage passive is still adding the old 4% damage on your effective weapon damage stat which is also applying to the abilities. 126.96.36.199 21:37, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
New redguard martial training passive
U21 sets and Max resistances
For some reason as of late they visually implemented a hard cap on the resistances which to my knowledge even on PTS allow you to exceed 33,000 I understand that's the actual hard cap for damage mitigation, but the set Alessian Order was also reverted on U21 to it's previous state making it hard to not only theory craft the set, but also makes it hard to accurately do so as well since the calculator stopped properly calculating past the hard cap as the game and it previously did. — Unsigned comment by Styxius (talk • contribs) at 19:56 on 30 January 2019
- Good point...I removed the cap on the resistances and moved the cap check to the mitigation calculations. -- Daveh (talk) 14:44, 31 January 2019 (UTC)
Max Resources are still incorrect for the Update 21 "re-save" function!!!! You are Also doubling the racial passives!!!
I was trying to figure out why EVERY SINGLE character when switched to the "NEW U21" has more max stats than the current "Live" builds. On PTS every character has DROPPED in max stats and yet on here they are MORE. This isn't with gear or the racial passive active. I clicked on the magicka tab to find that you are giving the BASE character on an Altmer 2000 Max Magicka. Then if you click on the "New Syrabane's Boon" it doubles the value to 4000. Thus giving all Altmers 4000 max magicka boost. This of course creates a huge discripency in TRUE MAX STATS. Even more, it seems that the Max Magicka is STILL being calculated at the beginning of the equation with (base+Attributes+Gear) instead of at the END with (+Food+Racial Passive) where it belongs. This is causing even further problems because it is giving the Racial stat the Cp 20% boost thus turning the 2000 into 2400 (And because of the Double Dose of Racial Skills 2400 into 4800 magicka) Then running it all through normal skill and passive multipliers. This makes builds have a MUCH MUCH MUCH greater Max Stat than they will actually have!
I think the equation should be [ (7958 base Magicka + (Attribute Points x 111) + Gear) x (1 + 0.01 x (Champion Pts in Mage)^0.56) + MageMundus x (1 + .075 x DivinesTraits) + Food + Racial Passive ] x (1 + SumofPassives).
And since I'm on this does your equation keep 5th Trait Proc Stats like Necro, Destruction Mastery, Bone Pitate Tatters, Bright Throat's Boast, GreenPact etc outside of the CP 20% boost, cause they are conditional procs and do not get boosted by it. While at the same time 5th trait standard Max Stats such as Plague Doctors, Hulking Draugr, and Shacklebreaker DO get bossted by Cp becuase they are standard set values with no conditions save having it equipped? — Unsigned comment by Soundinfinite224 (talk • contribs) at 19:38 on 31 January 2019
- Thanks for detailed bug report!
- Changed the stat category for the new racial passives so the CP effect does not apply to them.
- Fixed the High Elf and Khajiit old passives from "doubling" stats.
- As for the sets I've double checked all that you mentioned:
- Necromancer - OK
- Destruction Mastery - Fixed
- Bone Pirate's Tatters - Fixed (this was normal +Set.Stamina in 3.1.2)
- Bright Throat's Boast - OK (Fixed the Health Regen portion)
- Green Pact - OK
- Plague Doctor - OK
- Draugr Hulk - OK
- Shacklebreaker - OK
- If you notice any other bugs/issues just let use know! -- Daveh (talk) 20:48, 31 January 2019 (UTC)
Bone Pirate 5 set bonus (2k stamina) no longer being applied with the use of drinks on the simulator.
- Ooops...forgot to update the Stamina computed stat after updates to the set yesterday. Fixed! — Unsigned comment by Daveh (talk • contribs) at 17:23 on 2 February 2019
Errors in resistance calculations: heavy armor, winter's embrace and werewolf
The calculated resistances (physical and spell) for my character are 861 points too high. The character is a warden werewolf wearing 5 heavy, 1 light and 1 medium. I have "Werewolf form" selected on the general tab and I have the werewolf skill bar selected on the items/skills tabs, so I only have werewolf skills slotted. Looking in the raw data tab I see the following three lines (and the same under spell resist):
1810: Resolve 3 passive in Heavy Armor line (Skill.PhysicalResist) 362: Resolve 3 passive in Heavy Armor line (Skill.PhysicalResist) 500: Frozen Armor 2 passive in Winter's Embrace line (Skill.PhysicalResist)
- If you reload the page (Ctrl+F5 in Chrome) this should now be fixed. -- Daveh (talk) 17:06, 4 February 2019 (UTC)
Update 21 rules box
The update 21 rules box needs to be updated prior to PTS Patch Note V4.3.2
- Shadow Mundus: Increased the Critical Hit Damage bonus to 13% from 9%. Note that this still will not affect critical healing.
- Time Stop: Increased the base cost of this ability to 8100 from 4590. Keep in mind that this is before the passive cost reduction from the skill line, or the passive cost reduction from the ability rank up.
- Spell Recharge: The return for this passive will now restore your lowest maximum resource, rather than your highest. We also increased the value to 645 from 525.
- Life Mender: Increased the Healing Done bonus to 6% from 4%.
- Resourceful: Increased the Health, Magicka, and Stamina restore from drinking a potion to 4000 from 3620.
- Hunter's Eye: Reduced the Movement Speed Bonus granted to 10% from 20%, but added a bonus to Physical and Spell Penetration of 1500 for the duration.
- Red Diamond: Reworked this passive so when you deal Direct Damage now, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. It also will reduce the cost of Block and Bash by 5%.
- Lunar Blessings: Increased the Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina bonuses to 825 from 750.
- Feline Ambush: Decreased the reduction of your Stealth radius to 3m from 5m.
- Robustness: Increased the Magicka and Stamina Recovery bonuses to 85 from 75.
- Brawny: This passive now grants 2000 Max Stamina instead of 500 Health and 500 Stamina.
- Unflinching Rage: This passive now grants 1000 Max Health and heals you for up to 600 when you deal damage with a weapon, with a 4 second cooldown. Previously, it granted 4% Healing Taken, and 380 Stamina and Health when dealing damage with a weapon.
- Martial Training: Added a bonus that reduces the effectiveness of Snares applied to you by up to 15%.
Champion System (Major game changer here in the words of ZOS staff)
Updated the calculation with your Maximum Health, Magicka, and Stamina interacting with modifiers to better reflect the 20% increase to these stats from your first 100 points spent into each tree of the Champion Point system. Previously, this 20% only applied to your base stats, attributes, enchantments, and 2 through 4 piece bonuses on item sets. After this change, all sources of flat stat increases will be affected. Consumable food and drinks, 5 piece bonuses from item sets, and passives will now be properly affected by the 20% increase.
- Thanks for the notes! Just read through the patch notes myself and there's a lot of changes here and I'll try to implement most of them today. -- Daveh (talk) 13:58, 5 February 2019 (UTC)
PTS Armor sets.
Just so you know, over time, I took the liberty of creating pages (Note: I may have created the pages, but there is no I in team and can be edited by anyone with the relevant data, info, etc.) for the Tzogvin's Warband, Icy Conjuror, Mighty Glacier, Auroran's Thunder, Scavenging Demise, Frozen Watcher dungeon sets: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dungeon_Sets
along with the Stonekeeper & Symphony of Blades monster helm sets:https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Monster_Helm_Sets
I can assume it will be some time before these sets are seen and usable in the build editor? (the sets mentioned are in the DLC section and are currently tagged as pre release until the PC version of Wrathstone Drops and then later on for console.) Alpha-Lupi (talk) 12:06, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks...I don't usually mine item data for the build editor from PTS builds as it changes too often (usually every week) to keep it up to date in the editor. Looking at options at getting it work however. -- Daveh (talk) 16:20, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
Wall of Elements Ability not added to skill bar
When adding Wall of Elements or its morphs to the skill bar, the relevant elemental transformation does not occur. Skill is also not saved and stripped from final build.
- This should now be fixed if you reload your build. Note that builds that you saved with a "missing" destruction skill will have to have that skill manually re-added. -- Daveh (talk) 15:47, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
Rapid mending incorrect values
Effective Weapon Power & Spell Power
The Effective Weapon Power and Spell Power calculations are yielding results much lower (0 in some cases) than the character sheet values. I noticed it while pulling up a build that I was working on Thursday of last week (on Thursday effective spell power was much higher than character spell power - as is expected). — Unsigned comment by Raivyne (talk • contribs) at 18:37 on 11 February 2019
- The formula is *attackspellmitigation and should be *(1-attackspellmitigation). Changed sometime in the last 2 days I think. — Unsigned comment by Beaverton3 (talk • contribs) at 21:17 on 11 February 2019
- Bug confirmed on my system as well. Strangely, although both Effective Spell Damage and Effective Weapon Damage are far too low in the actual editor, the Effective Spell Damage reads correctly on the "View This Build" page. Additionally, I found that by adding the buff [Major Facture (Target)] the Effective Weapon Damage went down instead of up as expected. Crowlad (talk) 07:51, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
PTS patch v4.3.3
New Patch notes just came in:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458556/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-3
- Hunter's Eye: Increased the duration to 6 seconds from 4 seconds. This is to make up for the buff applying immediately as you Roll Dodge.
- Red Diamond: Reworked the 5% Block and Bash cost reduction to 3% cost reduction of all abilities (all the things!).
- Known Issue: The heal from Rank 3 currently has no internal cooldown and will be fixed before the update goes live.
- Feline Ambush: Reworked the 8% Spell and Weapon Critical Strike Chance to 10% Critical Damage and Critical Healing.
- Fixed! Will review other set healing/damage shield/damage tooltips this week for similar issues. -- Daveh (talk) 15:54, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
I can pick to choose to find 5 Hargraven's Garden heavy armor outfit but it says it does not exist. I cant fint it manually either. I just got in the game though, so its not out dated. — Unsigned comment by AveMarie (talk • contribs) at 12:50 on 20 February 2019
- Just a spelling typo which is fixed (should have been Hagraven's Garden). -- Daveh (talk) 19:22, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
Miscalculated weapon and spell damage when switching between nirnhoned and other traits
I've noticed this occur if I load a build with a nirnhoned weapon. For example, for one particular build, if it includes a nirnhoned greatsword of julianos, it calculates spell damage to be 4150. Changing to sharpened causes this to drop to 1885 (and weapon damage drops to 545...way less than the amount provided by the weapon alone). It displays "3844" for a split second before changing to 1885. Weirdly, this doesn't occur if the loaded build starts with a trait other than nirnhoned. — Unsigned comment by Grumptruck (talk • contribs) at 21:33 on 20 February 2019
Champion System 20% Bonus Notation.
As stated in pts patch v4.3.3 by ZoS Gina Bruno below https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458556/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-3
- The 20% bonus will now actually work on all of the intended areas of flat stat increases, such as Consumables, 5 piece bonuses, and passives.
So note that while it is confirmed that it will work on all sources of flat increases(Racial Passives, Consumables, 5-Piece Bonuses, etc.) It may be wise to wait until it is released on PC to ensure it is up to speed. (PC release expected February 25th, Console Release expected on March 12, with a grain of salt.) Alpha-Lupi (talk) 01:44, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the note! With the "Update 21 Ruleset" enabled we have a trial formula for CP enabled. Will test it on Monday to confirm before applying it to everything. -- Daveh (talk) 15:51, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
Established Build Unable to be saved
I am trying to save an already saved build. I am editing just 1 skill on the bar I then click save.then it states Error saving build. I did just posted a link to the build for review I am unsure if this would effect the save.
- Have you tried logout out of the wiki and back in? If you are still having trouble with this please let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 17:58, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
Wrathstone DLC Released on PC.
Wrathstone has been released for PC players, I advise taking a good read of “Everything” as there is a lot to take in and confirm.
Also, I figured I would highlight this portion of the Patch Notes(see below) as it looks to be a tricky one.
- Updated the calculation with your Maximum Health, Magicka, and Stamina interacting with modifiers to better reflect the 20% increase to these stats from your first 100 points spent into each tree of the Champion Point system. Previously, this 20% only applied to your base stats, attributes, enchantments, and 2 through 4 piece bonuses on item sets. After this change, all sources of flat stat increases will be affected. Consumable food and drinks, 5 piece bonuses from item sets, and passives will now be properly affected by the 20% increase.
- Note this will cause Champion Points to be an additive bonus with other modifiers, rather than a multiplicative one, which may cause varying results depending on how many other % modifiers your character has.
- This should now all be fixed and working in the editor. If you find any new skill/set/mechanic that does not work just let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 17:59, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
U21 Sets (reworked)
Need to update this reworked sets: Deadly Strike, Buffer of the Swift, Alessian Order, Beckoning Steel, Curse Eater, Sentry.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-0 — Unsigned comment by Lostnazgul (talk • contribs) at 15:56 on 27 February 2019
Meteor tooltip increased by inferno staff passive, but not lightning staff passive. I assume that's a bug.
Alot of skills that have AoE components are also increased by inferno staff, for example curse aoe and endless fury aoe. I assume these should be increased by lightning staff also. Have not tested ingame though. — Unsigned comment by Glavius (talk • contribs) at 18:48 on 27 February 2019
- Haven't double-checked these in a while so some skills may not be parsing correctly. -- Daveh (talk) 16:32, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
- Taking a quick look at it. The editor is just taking the skill target type into effect when determining to use single target or AOE effects. Unfortunately this doesn't work in all cases as you've pointed out. Will see if there's a more accurate way to parse effect damage type from the tooltip and apply the correct modifiers. -- Daveh (talk) 16:37, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
The new 5 piece bonus does not appear to be adding anything to health recovery, as it always says the "Current bonus to health recovery: 0." — Unsigned comment by OzziKcaj (talk • contribs) at 16:21 on 5 March 2019
Two Handed passive
The two handed passive Follow-up seems to increase the damage value calculated for the Viper's 5 piece Set bonus. Not sure if this is accurate as per the game, but logically it does not sound like it should as Viper's 5 piece poison damage is a 4 second DoT. — Unsigned comment by Arcadia Sin (talk • contribs) at 21:14 on 7 March 2019
Mighty Glacier Set Toggle
The Mighty Glacier set that drops in Wrathstone's Frostvaults dungeon doesn't showup under Toggleable sets. Nor does it show up under the Buffs section. 5th item bonus is Major Ward/Resolve for yourself & up to 11 others when you activate a CC ability or CC an enemy.
- I've added a toggle for this set. Note that you can manually toggle most buffs in the "Buff" tab (I don't have all sets that add Major/Minor abilities setup as toggles yet). -- Daveh (talk) 18:28, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
Problems with Shields (items)
There seem to be a number of problems when trying to add a shield item
- In the pop-up selection box the mouse-over tool tip shows shields with 1720 defence. This is the number shown elsewhere (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Reinforced_(trait), https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Shields), but I don't believe it is correct (I can't get in game right now to check)
- Once a shield has been slotted the mouse-over disagrees with that of the selection box and shows 3220 defence, which IIRC is the correct value in-game
- The value for reinforced shields and its contribution to calculated resistances is probably wrong – it is showing as 3495 but should probably be 3220 * 1.16 = 3735
- In Firefox the drop-down box next to a slotted shield that lets you change trait doesn't work. It does work for a slotted off-hand weapon, and also works in Chrome.
- Thanks for the notes.
- The resistance for a gold CP160 is indeed 1720, or 1995 reinforced. There is the Bulwark CP which adds 1500 resistance which *used* to be displayed on the shield tooltip but seems to no longer be done. I've fixed this in the editor to match the in-game behavior. The 1500 bonus is still added in the editor which you can double-check with the "..." beside the shield on in the Raw Data tab. Note that including the CP bonus the shield resistance is 3220 / 3495 which is likely where your values come form.
- Fixed the off-hand transmute trait issue (Shift-F5 to reload the scripts in FireFox).
- If you find anything else broken just let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 18:24, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. That makes sense and it looks more consistent now. One more thing I just noticed: if you have 5 pieces of heavy armour then the tool tip for Resolve (Heavy Armor passive) shows 1811 but 1810 is used in the resistance calculations – I assume 5 * 362 = 1810 is the correct value. TheMikrobe (talk) 18:40, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
Problem with flame enchant on staff
Same build, viewing or editing :
When viewing : https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=129557 it shows 2534 for flame glyph on tooltip for flame enchant on 1st staff
When editing : https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=129557 it shows 3699 for flame glyph on tooltip for flame enchant on 1st staff
Another build, viewing or editing :
When viewing : https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=129552 it shows 2534 for flame glyph on tooltip for flame enchant on 1st staff
When editing : https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=129552 it shows 3826 for flame glyph on tooltip for flame enchant on 1st staff
more about it : For 3699 / 3826, I have the explanation in the weapon tooltip (that's from Minor Slayer) :
Tooltip: Enchantment DamageDone = 8.0% for the first
Tooltip: Enchantment DamageDone = 13.0% for the second
And so I can guess the view windows does not take account of the modifiers.
- Yes, currently the build/character view window doesn't apply all such effects to set/enchantment values. Ensure exactly how to fix this as builds saved from the game will not have the necessary data to correctly compute this until the build is edited and saved. Will see if there's a way to get the improve the display accuracy. -- Daveh (talk) 19:31, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
- I've made some changes and set/enchantment tooltips *should* be now correctly updated in the build/character view. You may need to resave your build in order to get more accurate tooltips. This is still undergoing testing so let me know if you find something that doesn't match. -- Daveh (talk) 17:04, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
Champion Points in Tumbling aren't reducing Dodge Roll Cost
I think this is a new issue as I haven't noticed it before - going from 56 points in tumbling to 72 points did not reduce the cost of dodge roll on the values to the right of the screen.
EDIT: Please disregard, I had Champion Points disabled. Sorry!
Soulshine Set Bonus
The Soulshine 5 piece bonus doesn't seem to be applying itself to Templar class abilities (450 spell damage to channel or cast time skills). The damage values went down when compared to the War Maiden Set (400 spell damage to magic damage abilities) for skills both sets should apply to. Shatter Soul Ultimate did read more damage tho.
- This should now be fixed. If you find any other skills that don't have the channel spell damage correctly applied let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 19:29, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Soul Shatter tooltip
Missing "when you have Soul Magic ability slotted" part, which is a bit misleading. 13:44, 31 March 2019 (UTC)
Is there any way for Innate Axiom to show up in the spell/weapon damage statistic or at least get included in Effective spell/weapon power. I know it already works on the ability tooltips but having it on the character statistics would be very convenient when comparing different loadouts. -- — Unsigned comment by Vixxvexx (talk • contribs) at 06:31 on 1 April 2019
- This has been brought up a few times and at the moment there is no good/easy way to do so. I'll fiddle with things this week and see if I can come up with something. -- Daveh (talk) 17:38, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Currently on the my build list page, the edit buttons are <input> tags. I would like to request it be changed to <a> tags instead so that way its right clickable and easily openable in a new tab. Cheers. -- Kookster (talk) 18:03, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- Done! Let me know how this works or if there are other buttons that might work better as links. -- Daveh (talk) 17:54, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Trainee Set Items showing wrong values for set bonuses
The bonus values for Trainee are off. Gold Dagger with Legendary Crusher Enchant Precise Trait, Should be:
(2 items) Adds Maximum Health (3 items) Adds 1071 Maximum Magicka (4 items) Adds 1071 Maximum Stamina (5 items) Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 1221
- Where are you getting these stats from? The values as exist in the build editor match the values from the game as of update 22. Make sure you are wearing all the same level/quality type of set, or unequip all items of the set, in order to get accurate item/set values. Set values will change depending on the quality/level of items worn. If you have issues with the build editor crashing or saving builds please let me know more details so we can fix them! -- Daveh (talk) 17:36, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Mark of the Pariah
- Added a set toggle (in the Set tab) for the this which lets you adjust the amount of health you have missing from 0-100%. Also note that the bonus of the 5 piece bonus at 100% has been confirmed to be 23.256% of the tooltip value. -- Daveh (talk) 17:31, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
One-handed weapon enchantment values (post-wrathstone.)
Prior to wrathstone (might have missed that) enchantments on one-handed weapons have been halved (50%) and likewise, there needs to be a separate crusher enchantment debuff in the debuff list on the eso builder.
One-handed Crusher Enchantment (Target) = gone from 1622 to 811.
One-handed Crusher Enchantment Infused (Target) = gone from 2108 to 1054.
One-handed Crusher Enchantment Infused + Torug (Target) = gone from 2741 to 1370.
In short: some enchantment related buffs/debuffs on self & target may need some mathematical adjustment in accordance. (Also, the PTS for the Elsweyr chapter will be coming in a few weeks, the dwemer automaton on the UESP discord will let us know.)
- Added the One-Hand version to buffs. Equipped one-hand enchantments should be halved correctly but if you see one that isn't let me know. -- Daveh (talk) 16:59, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Steed Mundus Stone - incorrect calculation
Hi all - it seems that the values for the run speed bonus are still listed as 5% on the wiki page as well as the build calculator. Currently the Steed is giving a 10% movement speed. So if normal run speed were 3 m/s then instead of 3.15 m/s with Steed it should be 3.30 m/s. Endarken (talk) 12:07, 8 April 2019 (UTC)Endarken
- Fixed! Not sure when this change occurred and if I missed it in the patch notes. -- Daveh (talk) 16:54, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Dagger's enchantment now inflicts only half of it's value
Just found out that fact, while site applies full stat. -- 18:56, 31 March 2019 ?
- Can you give an example item/enchantment or link a build showing this? One-hand enchantments in the editor should be showing half-value as far as I can see and have tested. -- Daveh (talk) 17:56, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Deadly strike +14% not showing in final tooltip
Hi, was testing the new deadly strike set and some skill tooltip does not seem to get the 14% increase, though the +14% appears in the formula but does not match the final tooltip.
exemple bitting jabs :
Tooltip Damage 1 = 3105 Physical Damage + 14% DoT + 5% All = 3260 final
final sould be 3695.
On the other hand twin slashes and morphs get the increase but the +14% show twice in the formula:
Tooltip Damage 2 = 9986 Physical Damage + 14% DoT + 5% All = 10485 final
Bleed Damage 1 = 10485 + 14% = 11952 final
link to build: 
- Thanks! Both of these issues should now be fixed (force a page reload to update). -- Daveh (talk) 17:38, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
PTS Patch note V5.0.1
Here’s the latest notes.
- Double Take (morph): Renamed and reworked this morph.
- Renamed this morph to Phantasmal Escape.
- This morph no longer grants Major Expedition for 4 seconds. Instead, it grants immunity to snare and immobilizes for 2.5 to 4 seconds, based on the rank.
- This morph no longer becomes cheaper as ability ranks up.
- Lotus Fan: Increased the damage the DoT applies from this ability by approximately 175% to put it on par with our DoT standards. Note this was in last week’s PTS patch but was missing from the patch notes.
- Grim Focus: Reduced the minimum travel time on this ability and its morphs to 250ms from 450ms.
- Double Take (morph): Renamed and reworked this morph.
- Cripple: This ability and its morphs no longer grant the caster Major Expedition, and can now be placed on an infinite amount of targets.
- Debilitate (morph): This morph no longer refunds the Magicka cost if the target dies while it was active. Instead, it applies Minor Magickasteal to the enemy while the DoT persists.
- Cripple: This ability and its morphs no longer grant the caster Major Expedition, and can now be placed on an infinite amount of targets.
- Spawn Broodlings:
- The Spiders spawned from this synergy and the morphed synergies now properly scale dynamically with your offensive stats, rather than only Weapon Damage.
- The spiders will now attack once every 2 seconds, rather than every 1.5 seconds.
- Increased their damage per bite by 15% to adhere it to our DoT standards.
- Black Widow Poison:
- Reduced the damage of this ability by approximately 58%.
- Fixed an issue where the spiders took twice as long to attack after using this ability.
- The Black Widows will now only attempt to apply this ability once per summon.
- Fixed an issue where multiple players could not have this ability active on the same target.
- Spawn Broodlings:
I also recommend reading the entirety of the previous notes as some things were missed including some old sets being reworked: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468599/pts-patch-notes-v5-0-0
Reworked Item Sets
- Robes of the Withered Hand – Light
- 5 – When an enemy within 28 meters dies, heal for 1290 Health and gain 1290 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
- 5 – When an enemy you recently damaged dies, heal for 1450 Health and gain 1450 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
- Vestments of the Warlock – Light
- 5 – When you fall below 33% Magicka, restore 9000 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.
- 5 – When you fall below 25% Magicka, restore 11350 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 45 seconds.
- Essence Thief – Medium
- 5 – When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you have a 15% chance to draw essence from an enemy. Collecting the essence heals you 4300 Health, restores 4300 Stamina, and increases your damage by 12% for 10 seconds.
Essence lasts 10 seconds.
- 5 – When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you draw essence from the enemy. Collecting the essence heals you 3900 Health, restores 3900 Stamina, and increases your damage by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Essence lasts 5 seconds, and spawns closer to your target.
- Trappings of Invigoration – Medium
- 5 – When you fall below 33% Stamina, restore 9000 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.
- 5 – When you fall below 25% Stamina, restore 11350 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 45 seconds.
- Leeching Plate – Heavy
- 4 – 4% Healing Taken
- 5 – When you take damage, you have an 8% chance to summon a cloud of leeching poison under the assailant. The cloud deals 1204 Poison Damage in a 4 meter radius every 1 second for 5 seconds and heals you for 100% of the damage caused.
- 4 – 1206 Maximum Health
- 5 – When you take damage, you have a 20% chance to summon a cloud of leeching poison under the assailant. The cloud deals 1200 Poison Damage in a 5 meter radius every 1 second for 5 seconds and heals you for 100% of the damage caused.
- Affliction – Heavy
- 4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 5 – When you deal damage, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 2838 Disease Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
- 4 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
- 5 – When you deal damage, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 1830 Disease Damage and afflict your target with Minor Defile for 4 seconds, reducing their healing taken by 15%. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
- Should all be updated now. If you notice anything missing let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 13:29, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
Poison inject tooltip broken with "Update 22 Rules"
Poison inject tooltip broken when "Update 22 Rules" is checked. Example Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=138267
[Update] Seems that bow skills tooltips in general are broken when checking "Update 22 Rules".
- There were a couple of bow skills that had missing coefficient data that have been fixed. If you find other skills that don't work let me know! -- Daveh (talk) 14:01, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
missing chest gear
- This is partially fixed. Searching for "Rubedite Cuirass" should now correctly find all matching items. Their names will be off due to how the game handles craftable items and you'll have to adjust the level to CP150-160 to actually get a Rubedite Cuirass. The "Rubedite Cuirass of Stamina" does not actually appear to exist as an item of that exact name. I assume the game is dynamically creating this item name by adding a Stamina enchantment to a Rubedite Cuirass. You can get this same effect by choosing a Rubedite Cuirass and manually adding the Stamina glyph. -- Daveh (talk) 16:44, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
PTS patch v5.0.2
The latest PTS notes 📝 are here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471398/pts-patch-notes-v5-0-2
- Grim Focus: This ability and its morphs will now reduce your damage taken by 3% for each Light or Heavy Attack you use, up to 5 times (for a maximum bonus of up to 15% reduced damage taken). Note that this bonus will persist even if the Grim Focus buff fades from you, as it is tethered to the amount of stacks you had while the buff was active. This effect will be consumed when you use your stacks by firing the spectral bow or when you leave combat.
- Mark Target: Removed the cost from this ability and its morphs. This was done to make it more comparable to abilities, such as Weakness to Elements, that only apply a debuff to their target.
- Restoring Aura: Removed the cost from this ability and the Radiant Aura morph, and increased the duration to 20 seconds at max rank. This was done to put it in the same category as other abilities, such as Weakness to Elements.
- Whirlwind: Whirling Blades(morph): Reduced the execute threshold for this ability to 50% from 100% in order to reduce instances where it was out performing single target “spammable” attacks.
User note: Whenever I make notations like so, I’ll be sure to superscript future notations to allow easier access to other crucial things mentioned by other users, effective immediately. It is also worth mentioning that I advise reading the patch notes as I only mention certain notes here as a type of shortcut.
Edit: Remove Overload Bar
I edit the post due to the previous post being more detailed. That said, could you please remove the extra overload bar? It hasn't been a thing in quite some time. — Unsigned comment by AdenYeshua (talk • contribs) at 08:42 on 1 May 2019
imbue weapon buffed by the wrong ancient knowledge passive
PTS Patch note V5.0.3
Here is the latest batch of notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/472733/pts-patch-notes-v5-0-3
PC/Mac patch note V5.0.5 (Elsweyr and Update 22.)
Elsweyr has officially launched on PC, Consoles will follow suit on 4th of June.
Edit: Looking at the Target debuffs, I noticed that Major Vulnerability (Increases Damage taken by 30%) is not listed. I can assume this will be rectified when the ESO builder gets updated next? (Also to the list of debuffs in terms of Cyrodiilic PvP.)
- Added the Major Vulnerability buff and the Enemy Keep Bonus buffs. If there are other PVP related buffs missing let me know which ones. -- Daveh (talk) 13:27, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
Dual WIeld Dagger Crit Chance bonus not showing up
As title suggest, nothing happens on the stat chart when dual wield daggers are equipped with the corresponding skill Twin Blade and Blunt. — Unsigned comment by Nyladreas (talk • contribs) at 14:56 on 26 May 2019
Any chance for adding grim focus into damage mitigation?
Bloodspawn Toggle Missing
The Blood Spawn toggle that was previously present adding the resistances from proc to a build is now missing. Theres no set toggle & no resistance from the set added either. 6-2-2019 XIIICaesar
Claw of Yolnahkriin Buff missing
Theres no Minor COurage buff to activate under buffs/debuffs section 6-2-2019 XIIICaesar
Wrong value at infused Torugs crusher enchant
Should be 2740 instead of 2741, this is due to the game rounding decimals down after every calculation so:
1622 * 1.3 = 2108.6 = 2108
2108 * 1.3 = 2740.4 = 2740
1622 * 1.3 = 2108.6
2108.6 * 1.3 = 2741.18
- Fixed the Crusher Enchantment Infused + Torug (Target) buff but have not updated the internal calculation. From my testing there is too much variability in when the game rounds/truncates decimals and when it doesn't (meaning this would fix this particular instance but might break others). I'll keep this in mind when I double checking the editor's rounding the next time. -- Daveh (talk) 13:12, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
Alessian Order 5 Piece Bonus Gone Again with Full Update 22 Patch?
The Alessian Order 5 piece Health Regen bonus seems to have disappeared again with the full Update 22 patch. It was working when there was only a partial patch but nothing shows now in the Raw Data or under the Health Recovery formula. — Unsigned comment by Xfraqed (talk • contribs) at 22:29 on 4 June 2019
- Fixed! They keep changing the set description which breaks the tooltip parsing unfortunately. -- Daveh (talk) 13:46, 5 June 2019 (UTC)
Burning Spellweave Spell Damage Not Working
Burning spellweave isn't adding its spell damage to the stat page or to tooltips. QPat25 6/5/19
Staff Expert not applying calculated damage to Overload.
- Fixed! If there are other stats/effects that modify Overload that we're missing let me know. Haven't tested it in a while so probably missing some (ex: Empower). -- Daveh (talk) 13:57, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
Essence Thief 10% extra damage isn´t reflected in the tooltip
Empower/Bound Armaments/Elegant Set not applying calculated damage to Overload
As suspected, Empower does not grant 40%, but also the stamina morph does not grant the 11% from Bound skill, also - the Elegant set seems to be not applying the 20% bonus. All but Elegant were tested on PTS to increase overload. — Unsigned comment by AdenYeshua (talk • contribs) at 23:46 on 9 June 2019
Troll King health recovery buff not appearing
The health recovery buff granted by Troll King is not appearing in the stats section when toggled on currently. For example, my health recovery stays at ~400+ when it should be ~1900 with Troll King toggled on. — Unsigned comment by Necrolysis (talk • contribs) at 16:53 on 11 June 2019
[DK] seething fury
- Hi - was this a statement or a user added question? I was going to respectfully ask if it could be added, knowing that you all have plenty of requests to contend with, but did not want to duplicate. My apologies if this has already been decided. -Nick — Unsigned comment by ShrunkKoala (talk • contribs) at 20:43 on 14 June 2019
Buffs / Cyrodiil
Cyrodiil buffs were recently added to the buffs page as these are likely to be less used, can we move them to the bottom of the page so less scrolling is required? Kookster (talk) 17:47, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
Dark Cloak, Morph of Shadow Cloak, isn't displaying the proper duration and may not be fully representing the proper values as well. — Unsigned comment by Lokiromus (talk • contribs) at 12:36 on 17 June 2019
Redguard Extra 2k Stamina
It looks like the extra 2000 stamina is being counted twice for redguards. 2k for the new conditioning and 2k for the old imperial mettle. See pic.
No jewels of Vesture of Darloc Brae
Major Aegis absent
Minor Aegis exists on buff tab, but Major Aegis is not available. The rare buff is from two of the HoF sets: Automated Defense and Inventor's Guard. — Unsigned comment by Ramathorne (talk • contribs) at 14:53 on 19 June 2019
Raid Dummy idea
Rapid Strikes damage breakdown
Feature request: is it possible to add full breakdown for rapid strikes? It's a simplistic formula but a pain to calculate after each adjustment. Eg. each hit or total. — Unsigned comment by Rufferson (talk • contribs) at 09:48 on 26 June 2019
Troll King Not on Stat Sheet
Necromancer Passive Death Knell II
Calculates 25% for each skill instead of 10%.