Morrowind Rebirth (MR), project led by Trancemaster, is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the gameplay by balancing certain aspects of the game, and by giving the player more to see and do. Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress.
"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and newartifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details,weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do."
- Birthsign changes — A list of the changes to birthsigns made by Morrowind Rebirth - Birthsigns [Addon].ESP
- Gameplay changes — A list of all of the gameplay changes Morrowind Rebirth - Game Settings [Addon].ESP
- Items — New items in Morrowind Rebirth
- Quests — A guide to all major and minor quests for Morrowind Rebirth
- Reputation — List of quests that give you fame points
- Skill changes — A list of all of the changes to skills by Morrowind Rebirth - Skills [Addon].ESP
- Spells — New spells in Morrowind Rebirth
- Starting Out — Hints to help you in the new additions that encompass Morrowind Rebirth
- Creatures — A list of the new creatures to kill and maim
- Factions — A guide to the old and new factions found in Morrowind Rebirth
- Maps — A collection of maps that detail additional areas
- People — A list of all people added by the mod
- Mercenaries — A list of all of the hireable "help" added by Morrowind Rebirth - Mercenaries [Addon].ESP
- Places — A guide to cities, towns, dungeons, and ruins in Morrowind Rebirth
- Real estate — A list of the buyable real estate in Morrowind Rebirth
- Services — A list of the services of trainers, merchants, armorers, and mages
- Transport — A list of the various modes of transport in Morrowind Rebirth
- Changelog — The changelog for Morrowind Rebirth
The current version, last updated in October 2020.
Complete details and downloads are available on the Morrowind Nexus.
The mod has the following modules:
- Morrowind Rebirth [Main].ESP
- The main module, with the essential changes made by the mod, including major city overhauls, new locations and NPCs and certain gameplay element overhauls.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Tools [Addon].ESP
- Morrowind Rebirth - Skills [Addon].ESP
- Morrowind Rebirth - Races [Addon].esp
- Morrowind Rebirth - Mercenaries [Addon].ESP
- Includes a wide variety of "hired help" - recruitable NPC companions
- Morrowind Rebirth - Game Settings [Addon].ESP
- Morrowind Rebirth - Birthsigns [Addon].ESP
There's a number of compatibility patches made by the MR team included with the main download, as well as some community-made ones.
Team made compatibility patches
Patches provided with the main download
- Morrowind Patch Project v1.6.6 [For Rebirth].esm
- Edited version of Morrowind Patch Project (MPP), recommended to use together with MR.
- Siege at Firemoth [For Rebirth].esp
- Contains rebalances for the content added by official Bethesda DLC, Siege at Firemoth, mostly to make new items stats fit the rest of the game items, edited by MR
- Uvirith's Legacy_3.53 [For Rebirth].esp
- Compatibility patch for the mod Uvirith's Legacy
- Julan Ashlander Companion 2.02 [For Rebirth].esp
- Compatibility patch for one of the largest companion mods for Morrowind, Julan Ashlander Companion
Community made compatibility patches
- Compatibility patch for HOTV Gnisis, made by revenorror
Optional files for Morrowind Rebirth, provided along with the main install package, are new textures for some regions, new splashscreens, new music, main menu texture replacer and new desktop icons. These are not required for the game to work.