Skyrim talk:Totems of Hircine
|Archive 1: Dec 2011 - Aug 2012|
- 1 About Animal Extermination Quests PLEASE READ!
- 2 Bug carry over?
- 3 Another bug..
- 4 Totems of Hircine and Dragonborn
- 5 Recieving Quests While Serana Is A Follower
- 6 Aela Won't Give Any Work Whatsoever?
- 7 Possible Aela bug (Xbox)
- 8 There are no Totems where they are marked
- 9 I got brought to this site when I asked y does the second or third totem quest of hircine show up in skyrim )
- 10 TOTEM OF HIRCINE
- 11 Prerequisite Quest
- 12 One note is not true
About Animal Extermination Quests PLEASE READ!
- Aela may give repeated Animal Extermination quests and not the Totems quests.
I thought this was happening to me at first, but after doing several Animal Extermination quests from Aela, she gave me a second totem quest. I believe that these quests are offered AT RANDOM by Aela, and may not necessarily happen one after another. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that. If you're curious about the circumstances for whatever reason, I'm playing on PC, I'm a werewolf, I've cured Farkas and Vilkas, and I did NOT have a witch head in my inventory when I was offered the second quest. ThuumofReason 16:55, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know why deleting this hint from this article, since it really helped me. But okay, if YOU think that it is not suitable here, delete it, mr. I-believe-that-these-quests-are-offered-AT-RANDOM-by-Aela. However, guys, if you face such a problem, try this solution: take all the witch heads into your inventory and speak to Aela. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 17:11 on 8 January 2012
- I'm not going to act all high and mighty, but you should know that kind of tone won't win you any support amongst the other editors. Some of the higher ups in particular frown on that kind of thing in discussions. Getting back on topic, please note that I didn't just remove your addition about the witch heads; I removed the whole thing until the matter can be settled here. If you'll look at the discussion above, it has already been noted by others that for them, the quests were random. The reason I removed it from the page is that until the matter of whether or not the bug truly exists is settled, it shouldn't be listed as a "bug". ThuumofReason 17:18, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Hay i dont have a account on this site but im gonna say something anyway. I have to say that you are both wrong when it come to it being a glitch or a random quest drop(no offence) i found that what is actually happening is that she only gives 1 totem quest every so meny days. However if you talk to her when she sleeps she will always give the next totem quest. also for the one that posted this ("I don't know why deleting this hint from this article, since it really helped me. But okay, if YOU think that it is not suitable here, delete it, mr. I-believe-that-these-quests-are-offered-AT-RANDOM-by-Aela. However, guys, if you face such a problem, try this solution: take all the witch heads into your inventory and speak to Aela.") i have too say that you need to bring down your aggresion on the internet because you really are making yourself look like a idiot thats afraid he's wrong. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 07:45 on 2 April 2012
- Okay I tried the talk-to-her-while-she's-sleeping trick and it totally worked! But it might not be the sleeping that's the trigger. Reloaded the save and found that she would give me the quest as soon as she entered the basement of Jorrvaskr (which is where she sleeps anyway, but on this try she was awake). It's either got something to do with the basement, or that she simply transitioned areas (NPC's seem to "refresh" whenever they transition areas). By the way did not have any witches head in my inventory and was not married to her or anyone else. So basically, after doing an animal extermination quest, when turning them in don't ask for new work right away. Exit the conversation, wait for her to move into the basement (which she'll do if it's during night time) and ask her again for work after she enters the basement. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 14:32 on 14 September 2012
(←) Responding above, to further compound and or help, following your basement suggestion I turned in one Animal Extermination Quest to be issued an additional. I completed this one as well and she then offered the initial totem quest. All while she was sleeping in her room. I'll do a little experimenting and post my results. It seems, for the moment, there is not a repeatable way to get the quest offered atleast on my end. I had the witches heads(4) in my inventory and was a Male married Nord whom cleansed the spirits of the brothers of their Lycanthropy previously. I can also verify I turned in about 12 Extermination Quests while upstairs in Jorrvaskr and she did not offer the quest before I sought answers here from you luminous aforementioned "high and mighty" folk. ;) --Landomatic (talk) 04:36, 1 February 2013 (GMT)
- I Completed 2 more random Animal Extermination Quests then was offered the 2nd Hircine Totem Quest while in the basement. When upstairs, she did not offer the totem quest. Obiviously I saved and loaded into both locations for testing. To further add to the unusual nature of this, I moved her to both locations as a follower.--Landomatic (talk) 06:08, 1 February 2013 (GMT)
- I completed an additional 2 more random Animal Extermination Quests, and was invited to the final totem quest, then completed the series. So from the beginning and before the initial totem offering quest I acquired and completed the 2 "work" pre-requisite quests when she was upstairs but DID wait until the evening to ask for the 3rd query whilst she was sleeping, which led to the Hircine Totem quest initial offering. I then performed 2 more work quests when she was around Jorrvaskr but not inside it. Once in the afternoon then subsequently in the early morning. Following the previous posts I did perform the 3rd query again in her room but not at night while she was in my party. Basically, I asked her to join me on the 2 previous Animal Extermination jobs, completed them then led her to her basement room between jobs, spoke to her for completion credit then parted ways before asking for a 3rd job, which was always the Totem-line. For the final Totem invitation I repeated the 1st 2 series of steps except I completed and asked for the work always in the basement and at night using her in my party. On the 3rd query for work, she offered the final totem quest. I deduced that if you have the unlimited Animal Extermination bug you need to perform two radiant work quests from her, then ask for a third while she is in Jorvasskr Living Quarters (basement) which will yield the totem of Hircine questline. While I didn't test it, I would also surmise that using the console commands as listed on the mainpage, but in the basement would also more quickly get you all 3 totems expeditiously. I hope this helps. --Landomatic (talk) 07:23, 1 February 2013 (GMT)
Bug carry over?
I'm having an extremely difficult time with this quest as well and I'm thinking it might have something to do with Stage 0 and 1 as well, something is causing the game to lock these in and it somehow confuses everything. I don't know what because I don't know much about the programming but it's definitely causing this to lock in permanently when it does, as I've done a save where I've married Aela and on every save since she won't give me a totem quest(xbox 360). On PC I could just use some commands to unstick it, but can someone who has a better understanding of what they're doing take a closer look at these Stages and figure out if this really is the cause, because it's really killing the console experience 22.214.171.124 02:37, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Im having similiar bug problems as everyone else, except its happening after i get the quest... i headed over to my quest dungeon (which was falkreath watchtower) and when i got there i got the totem. Aela disapeared at this point...and the quest never advanced..even with the totem in my inventory the quest stage is still at "find the totem of hircine" so i dont know what to do. This happen to anybody else? — Unsigned comment by Planetjohn12 (talk • contribs) at 23:12 on 3 August 2012
- Yes, just happened to me. any fix for this? i'm on a console (ps3)— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:19 on 27 January 2013
- I fixed the issue by reopening the chest the totem was in and quickly hitting wait before the chest window showed up and she simply reappears (ps3) — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 00:05 on 19 February 2013
Totems of Hircine and Dragonborn
If you have Dragonborn installed, locations in Solstheim might be selected for this quest. I just received a location of North Shore Landing, and realized that it was on the other continent when I couldn't find it on my map.
---- Scrysis, 03:33, 26 June 2013 (PST)
Recieving Quests While Serana Is A Follower
If Dawnguard is installed and Serana is your follower, Aela will only give Animal Extermination quests. Simply dismiss Serana at the end of the questline to receive Totems of Hircine quests.
- An IP removed this from the article. I've readded it for the time being, but can anyone corroborate this either way? --AN|L (talk) 18:07, 4 July 2013 (GMT)
Aela Won't Give Any Work Whatsoever?
I've become harbinger, I'm level 55, I've cured Farkas, And Aela Died a while back but somehow respawned. Does respawning disable work for her and thus totem quests? Or must I cure Vilkas before the totems become obtainable? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:56 on 8 September 2013
- I don't know how long ago this was asked because it isn't signed, but I have never had Awls give me a totem quest until after Vilkas and Farkas are both cured, but it sounds like she may actually be broken if she wont give any work at all. She would still give me animal extermination quests even when I hadn't cured either of the guys. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try curing Vilkas and see if that fixes her for you. KeturahIshtari (talk) 08:30, 16 September 2013 (GMT)
Possible Aela bug (Xbox)
I was on my first totem quest and attempting to return the Totem of Fear to the Underforge. I fast traveled to Dragonsreach, and took a shortcut by jumping into the water near the stairs, so I got to the UF before Aela. When she finally came in, she got stuck in running mode and just kept running into the totem pedestal. Even speaking with her, recruiting her as a follower, and leaving the UF didn't fix her, she remained in the UF running against the pedestal until I reloaded and redid the quest from the beginning. Anyone else? KeturahIshtari (talk) 08:38, 16 September 2013 (GMT)
- I haven't tried that one, but running ahead of your quest giver (and, in this case, follower) is never a good idea. I did it with Serana and had to reload as well. --Krusty (talk) 12:07, 16 September 2013 (GMT)
There are no Totems where they are marked
I'm on my second Totem quest and it is marked in the chest in Northshore Landing in Solsthiem, but it isn't inside the chest, and it is still marked to be there, I tried rebooting the game(I'm playing on PS3), fast traveling then fast travel back, but it's still not there, Aela is my wife, I'm still a were-wolf, what is the problem, can anyone help me? If this quest is bugged I can't buy, sell or trade with her and I can't go anywhere without her following, PLEASE HELP! — Unsigned comment by Knail712 (talk • contribs) at 08:18 on 30 December 2013
- Try waiting for 10 days for the location to respawn, not guaranteed to fix it though. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 01:55, 15 January 2014 (GMT)
I got brought to this site when I asked y does the second or third totem quest of hircine show up in skyrim )
If u didnt understand that u fot to bear with me I drinker when I went thru so much bs to not get anywhere but money or good weapon enchant (etc conjured mage) I dont use nothing but light armor furthermore I wont say anybody's wrong cuz if u look at the actually developers comments (cant remember where I first saw them looking them up for my younger bro that couldn't understand many form of reading but was extremely good in math in other studies either way wat im getting at is im 57 I was a game developer I understand games more than ppl that just r entertained by the games I pay attention very closely nd think over night or days on end about games just to help other nd I wont call anyone a liver but wat I will say is the question that was asked by me atleast submit giving me no type of answer but about wat u guys r talking about I never had a house not married no kids nd still get thru the first totem quest im stuck on a the second some reason it will not show up on my map I seems it says radiant I know wat it means for this game but wat im saying is that no one specified it will show up at random places or wat place is was really at nd that's my question I will help the ppl that were talking about getting the totems quest I did the companions quest one after another nd wat my results were was that I got the totem of hircine quest (1) then I got animal extermination (1-2) times then got the second totem of hircine quest nd that's wat im now stuck on I am myself alil problems nothing bad just dealing with school stuff so if u can help a 57 year of ex game deceloper that would be really good thank you for help if u will
TOTEM OF HIRCINE
If you have the same problem as I had, She would not give me the first mission of totem of hircine, you just have to do as the site commanded but with one thing else, when you put the command setstage cr12 20 the quest will start and you will be able to put the first of the totems but you may not be able to put anymore of them and not to even force it with the setstage command. I discovered that to fix that is there but a simple thing, just when you recive the totem ask Aela to follow you into the shrine, when she leaves the place she will be able to give you your next totem of hircine quest without any bugs at all.
This page lists Retrieval as a pre-req, and Retrieval lists this page as the "next quest".
So which is true? If GotD is needed, and given that Retrieval becomes inaccessible after GotD, is it possible to skip Retrieval and does that break ToH? Is this a case of incomplete documentation or is this a case of incorrect documentation? - Bomb Bloke (talk) 01:39, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
One note is not true
"If Dawnguard is installed and Serana is your follower, Aela will only give Animal Extermination quests. Simply dismiss Serana at the end of the questline to receive Totems of Hircine quests."
I have Serana as a follower and got two totem of Hiricine quests so far after a few retries. Perhaps the person that added it was simply unlucky? Would recommend removing it. --SkyHiRider (talk) 07:39, 29 October 2017 (UTC)