Skyrim talk:Storm Call
- 1 Storm call recharge
- 2 Damage
- 3 is the damage of this shout affected by Augmented Shock?
- 4 Upon using the Clear Skies shout, the effects of Storm Call shout will be dismissed immediately...
- 5 Storm call targets?
- 6 Effect Radius
- 7 Lethal to followers
- 8 Subject to Difficulty Level?
- 9 Carriage Drivers are valid targets
Storm call recharge
I noticed that storm call only starts recharging after the storm itself has expired. Can anyone else verify this?--220.127.116.11 22:20, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah seemed to do that but I had it start early by switching shouts. Though only used it a few times so far. Lord Eydvar 05:41, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
I've tested a bit and a single lightning bolt seems to deal
- 60 damage with Strun
- 90 damage with Bah
- 120 damage with Qo
I think this should be added in some form. --Killfetzer 17:33, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
is the damage of this shout affected by Augmented Shock?
Appears to be so. It has the keyword MagicDamageShock, and the numbers square with the above. --Evil4Zerggin 05:45, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
Upon using the Clear Skies shout, the effects of Storm Call shout will be dismissed immediately...
I guess this line is a rather moot point, since even the shortest cooldown to duration is at least three times as long, the highest shout reduction without cheating or mods is around 60% and that you can't cast another shout until your cooldown timer expires. Or am I missing something? --Berserkenstein 09:37, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- With amulet of Talos and blessing of Talos (and maybe some fortify restoration potions) the cooldown could be shorter than the duration. However, under most gameplay experiences the shout will where off long before it cools down. Chris3145 23:55, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- The fact that storm call only starts recharging AFTER the storm has expired makes this point completly irrelevant anyway.--18.104.22.168 16:34, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- so why dont we uhh.. delete it? i'm gonna do just that. to paraphrase Ulfric Stormcloak "damn the moot point!" 22.214.171.124 01:47, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- The storm call start recharging right after the shout is cast. I tested it by setting the shoutrecoverymult to 0.9 and used level 3 Storm call. The cool down time ended before the storm expired. About Clear sky, I think it is acceptable since the player is not the only one to use Clear sky, the Greybeard can be seen traing using the shout too. That means, in theory, if you use Storm call in the courtyard while the Greybeards are training, their Clear sky may cancel your Storm call.126.96.36.199 08:15, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
Storm call targets?
Does storm call target friendlies as of the latest patch because I was using it in solitude in an attempt to get the master criminal trophy, I had summoned a dremora valkynaz using the sanguine rose and the lightning bolts did not seem to hit the dremora at all. I used the first two words of the shout (Strun, Bah), I dont know if it was because the dremora was a summoned creature rather than follower or because there was simply a large about of enemies which meant there was more chance of the bolts hitting enemies rather than my dremora but normally even in large battles the bolts seem to hit my follower derkeethus.--188.8.131.52 22:32, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
The box indicates an effective radius of "100 ft." Can anyone confirm whether this is 100 ft from where the player stands when the shout is activated, or whether the area of effect moves with the player? Would be nice to add this information if it is known. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:10 on 10 January 2013
Lethal to followers
I believe it worth noting that using this shout while one has a follower can result in the follower's death due to repeated strikes. The strikes will not stop, even when the follower is in recover mode. Xenix47 (talk) 22:32, 21 January 2013 (GMT)
Subject to Difficulty Level?
|This has been marked as a question that needs to be answered.|
Is the damage issued by this shout nerfed at tougher levels and boosted at easier levels? I would suspect not, since the "attacks" are coming from elsewhere, but I wonder whether anyone can confirm. . .? 220.127.116.11 17:35, 25 May 2014 (GMT)
- This is good question and needs answering as this is relevant to anybody playing on any difficulty level other than adept Ciberzombie (talk) 16:45, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Carriage Drivers are valid targets
I had always assumed that they were not valid targets in the game since they seem to always just sit there on their carriage regardless. But I used Storm Call to fend off a bandit attack outside my house (Windstad) and it killed my carriage driver in the process. --18.104.22.168 12:47, 13 December 2014 (GMT)
- For that matter, pretty much anyone can be a valid target except the player. I cast this in Riften, and before the storm ended, my total bounty for mass-murder was sixteen thousand. 22.214.171.124 03:16, 13 May 2018 (UTC)