I moved the following Note from the page to here:
- During Bloodline when you enter Castle Volkihar for the first time, Ronthil is standing on the balcony overlooking the dining room. There is a brief window before Lord Harkon addresses your character directly. During this window, all the residents of Castle Volkihar will be friendly and interact with your character normally. With good timing, you can stand on the dining table, jump toward the balcony and initiate dialogue with Ronthil, before Lord Harkon speaks to you. This will allow you to purchase Heal Undead, which is ordinarily impossible if you choose to side with the Dawnguard.
I don't think this works with the original game. Despite sprinting right to Ronthil after entering the castle, I can only get the default dialogue line "No, no. You must speak with Lord Harkon, not me!" from him. The same idea is basically presented here, but without anybody being able to confirm it. --Alfwyn (talk) 14:18, 16 December 2013 (GMT)
- I've confirmed it on the PS3, with patch 22.214.171.124.8. (126.96.36.199 18:25, 19 December 2013 (GMT))
- Discussion moved from Skyrim talk:Heal Undead#Purchasing on Dawnguard Side
- The problem is, I did exactly that and it didn't work for me (PC, all add-ons, patch 1.9, no mods). Am I right in guessing that the original author of the note and the two confirmations on this page are all from the same person? Anyway, we have to figure out what exactly is the reason for making it work or not work. --Alfwyn (talk) 15:32, 5 January 2014 (GMT)
Alfwyn, I wrote the original comment, but not either of the confirmations. However, like both the confirming parties, I play on PS3, whereas I notice you play on PC. Might be a PS3 specific glitch.
It works, but it's a little harder than they say. I couldn't get it (he said only no no speak with harkon) so frustrated, I tried to murder them all when Harkon rejected me. You can't wield your weapon until it gets dark and you can't see anymore. But i thought, perhaps that's when you can buy the spell, and I was right. So wait for Harkon to throw his banish spell, and when it gets dark, jump from the table to talk to Ronthil. Skeep the talking and open the vendor menu. Fun fact: if you manage to it harkon in that little moment, all the inhabitants of the castle (human harkon too) come outside with you. They are blocked by the gate but some can hit you if you get close. Weirdest way to level up heavy armor. 360 btw.--188.8.131.52 17:13, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- I can confirm that this method works on the original, officially patched, unmodded (no unofficial patch) game on PC. Stand on the table while Harkon talks, then right after he casts his spell to banish you (or right as he casts it), jump up and talk to Ronthil. You should be able to talk to him and buy the spell. I'm not completely sure what the trigger is, but if the screen is dark when you talk to Ronthil, you should get his normal dialogue. Vienna sausage (talk) 06:45, 22 February 2018 (UTC)