Skyrim talk:Main Quest
Time to complete the main quest
"Completing the main quest will take approximately 25-30 hours"
I can't confirm that. It took me around 17 Hours for the main quest and some side quests including two Daedra Lord quests and getting several extra shouts. I didn't even rush through the game though i skipped the civil war (went for the truce in Season Unending. --18.104.22.168 23:18, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- Well done, but let's not turn this page into a forum where people post how long it took them to complete this and that. --Krusty 23:29, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- That wasn't my intention i'm sorry if it looked that way. I just wanted to know how long other people think the main quest takes, since the time on the page seem exaggerated to me. 22.214.171.124 01:13, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
- This looks a lot like a typical marketing claim. Much of this pre-release marketing information has been taken as fact and can now be found all over this wiki and various other places. Especially as a claim of this nature makes little sense for a game like Skyrim, it seems best to me to just get rid of it altogether. --126.96.36.199 13:16, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
This 25-30 hours claim should be removed. I don't know of anyone yet who has spent that much time on the main quest. Also, there are so many variables like the difficulty setting, the gamer overall experience with such games, etc. I just completed the game on normal setting in less than 9 hours without really rushing anything. Just look at the number of quests in the main quest and how many of these only take a few minutes to deal with (Dragon Rising, Before the Storm, A blade in the Dark, Throat of the world, Alduin's Bane, Sovngarde, Dragonslayer etc.) This 25-30 hours claim is simply not realistic unless you do not use fast travelling.
The optional side-quest, Paarthunax, will be forced on the player any time after the peace conference if you talk to either Blades member. I had completed the MQ and went to talk to the Blades about the victory and it forced the Paarthunax quest to start. Torinir 07:33, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- Just because it forced it to start doesn't mean you have to finish it. Aresvallis 00:41, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Any quest that you cannot refuse (to start) should not be marked as optional. You can choose not to complete any number of quests, but this one is forced to start, you have no option to deny it and there are consequences -frustrating consequences- to not completing it. I move to omit the classification of optional since you have to literally run away from Delphine and therefore cannot continue with the Blades if you don't want to start it. It's NOT optional. --Scribbles (Crayolamanic) 02:48, 17 February 2013 (GMT)
- The optional tag is perfectly valid for this page because this page is about the Main Quest. You can choose to complete the Civil War first, but if you don't both of these quests become active, and you have the option to complete them, but doing so is not necessary to complete the Main Quest. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 03:10, 17 February 2013 (GMT)
I removed the following from the article:
- But the current world record of completing this quest from when you start a new character is 2hours 14min 20sec. The record is held my one of Skyrim's developers - 20sec faster than the previous record held by Skyrim's level programmer.
There is no way to observe all games played, and there is no official world championship. A note about the times by the developer/programmers with a link to back it up would probably be ok, but "world record" just doesn't sound factual to me. --Alfwyn 20:46, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Finishing Main Quest without game console [PC]
Is it possible to finish the main quest without using game console [PC]? This is because when I do the quest "A Cornered Rat" and "Alduin's Wall", I always faced with bugs and need to use game console. — Unsigned comment by Mibuwolf (talk • contribs) at 17:32 on 25 April 2012
- Yes, it's possible. I have finished the main quest several times on XBox without any patches. ABCface◥ 18:35, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
Find the Thalmor Assassin
Is this quest really part of the main questline? It doesn't have the dragon graphic, but it's categorised as a Miscellaneous Quest so I assume it doesn't actually have any knotwork. —Legoless (talk) 14:16, 22 March 2015 (GMT)