|Location||Thalmor Embassy, Elenwen's Solar|
|Primary Skills||Destruction, Illusion, Heavy Armor, One-handed|
|Morality||Violence Against Enemies||Aggression||Aggressive|
|Faction(s)||FavorExcludedFaction; MQ201 Thalmor Faction; Thalmor|
Rulindil is an Altmer interrogator, and the Third Emissary of the Thalmor, located in the Thalmor Embassy. He reports to Elenwen, the First Emissary. You can overhear an argument with Gissur about payment for his information. Afterwards, Rulindil heads down to the dungeon to interrogate Etienne Rarnis.
Rulindil can be overheard talking to Gissur:
- Gissur: "But, I need that money! I earned it. I have my own expenses you know..."
- Rulindil: "Silence! Do not presume, Gissur. You are most useful, but do not presume. We have other informants who are less... offensive."
- Gissur: "But no one else has brought you such valuable information, have they? Etienne, he's talked, hasn't he? He knows where that old man is you're looking for, he told me himself."
- Rulindil: "You'll get the rest of your money when we confirm his story. As agreed."
- Gissur: "So he has talked! I knew it!"
- Rulindil: "Everyone talks, in the end. Now, I have work to do. Leave me to it, if you ever want to see the rest of your payment."
- Gissur: "Can I... I could help you. He'd talk to me. He trusts me."
- Rulindil: "You'd like to come downstairs with me, is that it, Gissur? Shall we loose his bonds and put you in a cell together? You can ask him anything you like, and see how he answers."
- Gissur: "No, no. I'll... I'll wait outside."
- Rulindil: "That would probably be best. Now get out!"
- Etienne: "Stop. Please. I don't know anything else. Don't you think I'd have told you already?"
- Thalmor Soldier: "Silence. You know the rules. Do not speak unless spoken to. Master Rulindil will ask the questions."
- Rulindil: "Let's begin again."
- Etienne: "No... for pity's sake... I've already told you everything..."
- Rulindil: "You know the rules."
- Etienne: "Nooooo!!!"
- Rulindil: "Start at the beginning, as usual. If you persist in this stubbornness I'll have..."
- Etienne: "No, wait! I was just... catching my breath... why wouldn't I tell you again? I don't even know anything... There's an old man. He lives in Riften. He could be this Esbern you're looking for, but I don't know. He's old and seemed kind of crazy. That's all I know."
- Rulindil: "And his name is...?"
- Etienne: "I don't know his name. Like I've already told you a hundred- Ahhh!"
- Rulindil: "You know the rules. Just answer the questions. And where can we find this nameless old man?"
- Etienne: "Like I said, I don't know! I've seen him down in the Ratway. Maybe he lives down there, but I don't know for sure."
- Rulindil: "That will be all for now. I must say I continue to be disappointed in your lack of cooperation. I hope next time you will do better."
- Etienne: "What else do you want from me? I've told you everything. Listen, if you let me go I can take you to Riften, show you where-Ghaaa!!!"
- Thalmor Soldier: "Silence, prisoner!"
Rulindil knows the following spells:
- Oakflesh, Stoneflesh
- Banish Daedra, Conjure Flame Atronach, Conjure Frost Atronach, Conjure Storm Atronach
- Chain Lightning, Flames, Fireball, Firebolt, Frostbite, Lightning Bolt, Incinerate, Sparks, Thunderbolt
- Fast Healing, Healing, Lesser Ward, Steadfast Ward, Turn Lesser Undead