|House||Evette San's House|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionHaafingar; Favor013QuestGiverFaction; PotentialMarriageFaction; SolitudeEvetteSansHouseFaction; SolitudeOctieveFaction; TownSolitudeFaction|
Octieve San is an elderly Breton citizen living in Solitude, frequently found in the Winking Skeever. He lives with his daughter, Evette San, in her house. He is often critical of his own age, and he drinks and gambles heavily. Upon chatting with him he may complain about gambling debts owed to Irnskar Ironhand, which you can assist him with in exchange for a free Two-handed skill boost. He will also start to like you, and becomes a potential candidate for marriage.
When you visit Solitude for the first time, Octieve will be one of the spectators of Roggvir's execution. After this, he will assume his normal schedule: upon waking up at 6am, he starts his day with a trip to the Temple of the Divines to pray there. At noon, he goes to the Winking Skeever and enjoys a six-hour meal until 6pm, then heads outside to carouse in front of the inn. He returns home at 2am to sleep.
His greetings can be:
- "Being old's not so bad. Daughter keeps me fed, and my working days are done."
- "I'm too old to work, but that don't make me too old to drink."
- "You want to know the one truth I've learned in all my years? Life's too hard to face sober."
- "Take my advice. Never gamble. Damn Irnskar has me in debt up to the eyes." (If A Few Words with You has not been completed yet)
- "You got nothin' better to do than bother an old man?"
- "You should speak to my daughter, Evette. She's the brains of the family." (If Evette is alive)
When you bid farewell with him, he will say:
- "Always good talking to you... friend."
A Few Words with YouEdit
You can ask him if he is in debt with Irnskar and offer to help:
- You're in debt to Irnskar?
- "Too many drinking games, too many bets, and I'm too old to ever raise the coin on my own."
- What if I talk to Irnskar?
- "He's a stubborn oaf. I don't know what good it'll do."
- Sorry to hear that.
- "I'm sure. I'm sure."
Once Irnskar has agreed to forgive Octieve's debt, inform him of the good news:
- Irnskar's agreed to forgive your debt.
- "You've done a fine thing for me. You know, I used to be quite a warrior in my day. Let me show you a thing or two."
He awards you with a one-point increase in your Two-handed skill.
At home, he can be heard conversing with Evette:
Evette: "Father, could you clean up the house a little while I'm away?"
Octieve: "Maybe. I'll see if I feel like it."
Evette: "I'm on my feet all day. Can you please do this one thing for me?"
Octieve: "Sure, whatever."
Octieve: "Where've you been all day?"
Evette: "At the market, father."
Octieve: "Well, did you bring back any mead?"
Evette: "I barely make enough for us to eat as it is, father. You can't just drink it all away."
Octieve: "Humph. Some daughter you are."
- Should you meet Evette San, and Octieve is alive, she may advise you to avoid him: "If you see my father Octieve around, stay clear. He'll only ask you for money or mead." Ask her about her spiced wine's secret recipe and she will mention him again: "Oh, yes. A secret family recipe. The only good thing my father Octieve ever did. In fact, it's so good, no one else in Skyrim even tries to make any."