|Daedric Artifact: Mehrunes' Razor (000240d2)
||None (See Bugs)
|Hits have a small chance to instantly kill:
|Charge/Cost = Uses
Mehrunes' Razor is a dagger and a Daedric artifact crafted by Mehrunes Dagon that has the chance to instantly kill any opponent.
Even without the disintegrate armor effect from its Oblivion counterpart, it is a very powerful dagger. The damage dealt is equal to an unenchanted Daedric dagger while weighing half as much.
It is received after the quest Pieces of the Past if the demands of Mehrunes Dagon are met and Silus Vesuius is killed. The dagger can be tempered using an ebony ingot; however, the dagger does not benefit from any Smithing perks (See Bugs section).
- Pieces of the Past: Retrieve the scattered pieces of Mehrunes' Razor and reforge this deadly blade.
Mehrunes' Razor PartsEdit
- If equipped, guards may comment on the dagger, asking "Who did you have to kill to get that blade?"
- MiraakDB, KarstaagDB and Alduin [verification needed — see talk page] are immune to the razor's instant kill effect.
- You can also be killed instantly by this weapon if an enemy disarms you, picks it up and attacks you with it. Regardless of health, armor, or magic resistance, you have the same chance to die instantly as anyone else.[verification needed]
- Myrwatch's galleryCC contains a special holder for this item.