Once you have spoken to Nazir you will have found out that Helvard is the Housecarl to the Jarl of Falkreath. You may find Helvard in the Jarl's Longhouse in Falkreath.
If you approach Helvard before attacking him, you will be given 3 dialogue options, you can only pick one as you won't be able to speak to him again.
||"Yes, yes. What is it? We're all very busy here..."
|"You protect the Jarl. But who protects you?"
||"And why would I... Oh. Oh! Guards! Guards, I need assistance!"
||Turns hostile and attacks
|" The Dark Brotherhood has come! "
||"Fiend! You will not leave here alive! Guards! Guards!"
||Nobody will come, but Helvard turns hostile and attacks
An alternative is to use stealth and kill Helvard while he sleeps in the Jarl's Longhouse.
- Completing this quest may make it impossible to purchase Lakeview ManorHF from Siddgeir.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If Dengeir of Stuhn becomes jarl, you may still purchase the property.
- You may also still purchase property if you complete Siddgeir's quests after killing Helvard, or exile him in Season Unending and later retake Falkreath for him.
- You can inspect the relationship rank with the jarl by using the
player.getrelationshiprank console command (normally you should get -2 foe, or worse) likewise you may set a good relation (positive, max 4) with the jarl by using this
player.setrelationshiprank 19822 4 command. A relationship rank of 3 or better will allow you to purchase property.
|Contract: Kill Helvard (DBSideContract11)
||I must kill Helvard, the housecarl of Falkreath. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
Objective 10: Kill Helvard
Objective 20: Report back to Nazir
||Helvard is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 255.