The Sarcastic ToyEdit
Speak to Sheogorath, who is pleased at your success in Xedilian and grants you the Lesser Power Summon Haskill. He insists you use the lesser power at least twice before he will assign you another task.
After you have humored Sheogorath and summoned Haskill, he will give you your next task: understanding madness. You are to speak with both the Duke of Mania, Thadon, and the Duchess of Dementia, Syl, in order to join both Courts and gain a steady background knowledge about the inner workings of Sheogorath's realm.
- Speaking with Thadon initiates the quest Addiction.
- Speaking with Syl initiates the quest The Lady of Paranoia.
Complete both quests and report your success to Sheogorath to receive your next task.
- Haskill is not a fighter and will instead assist you by offering advice based on his extensive knowledge of the Shivering Isles. Continuing to summon him in the palace will cause Haskill to reply with many humorous remarks, ending with "That's enough. Really."
- An achievement will be unlocked upon completing both tasks.
|Understanding Madness (SE04Shell)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|3||Sheogorath has given me the ability to summon Haskill. He's very insistent and won't tell me what he wants of me until I do it.|
|5||I need to report to Sheogorath that Xedilian is working, and that Knights of Order have appeared in the Shivering Isles.|
|10||I need to speak to the Duke of Mania and the Duchess of Dementia, as Sheogorath wishes for me to better understand the inner workings of his Realm.|
|20||(One of these two options will appear depending on which task you chose first)
I have finished Thadon's task. I should now speak with Syl in the House of Dementia. or
|30||(One of these two options will appear depending on which task you chose first)
I have finished Syl's task. I should now speak with Thadon in the House of Mania. or
|200||Now that I've become a member of the courts of both of the Dukes of Madness, I should return to Sheogorath and report my progress.|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE04Shell stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Baiting the Trap||Conc: The Lady of Paranoia or
|Next: The Cold Flame of Agnon|