|Location||Ruins of Mazzatun, Mad Hist's Summit|
|Leviathan Scrimshaw, Mazzatun Style pages (on veteran difficulty), Mighty Chudan helm of any weight (on veteran difficulty)|
Tree-Minder Na-Kesh is the leader of the Argonian Xit-Xaht tribe. She is responsible for the mad Hist at the Ruins of Mazzatun, and is performing cruel alchemical experiments with amber plasm. She serves as the final boss of the dungeon.
She has a chance to drop Mazzatun Style pages on veteran difficulty, with a guaranteed drop from hard mode and a 50% chance for a page to drop from non-hard mode. She has written a journal, and wears the Amber Plasm skin.
Skills and AbilitiesEdit
- Quick Strike
- A melee attack. Na-Kesh deals physical damage with her swords.
- Scourging Totem
- Na-Kesh summons a Siphoning Totem that drains your magicka and stamina rapidly, and your health at an increasing pace. The totem must be killed as quickly as possible to relieve the group of its burdening presence.
- Hist Hallucinations
- The Tree-Minder targets one player and throws Amber at them, causing them to hallucinate. This makes the statues on the edge of the arena glow and the affected player's vision to go wonky. The affected player will see Avatars of the Hist all around the edge of the arena in place of statues, and must be guided to destroy the totem. While targeted, you must find the Empowered Tree-Minder Totem and destroy it. Your allies can activate a synergy to reveal the real avatar on normal, but on veteran hard mode, you need to communicate to find it. A good strategy without using voice communications is for the tank to run over to the real one, which will be glowing for those with normal vision. The achievement Blind Luck can be earned by not using the Reveal synergy to find the Empowered Tree-Minder Totem.
- Amber Rain
- During Hist Hallucinations, amber will fall from the Hist above, dropping an AoE that deals great damage. Sticky Situation Savvy can be earned by having no group members hit by Amber Rain during this fight on veteran difficulty.
- Hist Throw
- Na-Kesh throws a glob of Amber onto the ground that creates a Hist Pool, which adds can run into. This empowers the adds. Once the pool is stepped in, it disappears. One player should run into the Hist Pool to make it disappear so the adds can't step into it. This is especially crucial during hard mode, when Stoneshapers appear. The player that steps in the plasm will have a DoT applied to them, which can be healed through fairly easily. This DoT is not as severe as the damage dealt by the Hist Ponds scattered throughout the rest of the dungeon, so you don't need to worry about this mechanic in particular ruining a no death run.
- Amber Projection
- Na-Kesh will summon an amber shade of Mighty Chudan at 75% health and Xal-Nur at 50%.
- Shield of Vines
- Na-Kesh becomes invulnerable when she summons Amber Projections. She cannot be damaged as long as the shades are alive.
- Wall of Vines
- Na-Kesh throws a thin, long conal AoE that causes vines to erupt from the ground in front of her.
- Barrage of Vines
- At 25% health, Na-Kesh enters execute phase, wherein she causes vines to erupt in all directions in an alternating pattern, with spaces between the conal aoes that sprout up. Zigzag out of the way if necessary, though this may be healed through. Na-Kesh can still summon Siphoning Totems and throw Sap at a player to cause Hist Hallucinations during this phase.
During hard mode, she will summon trash mobs in great numbers. Focus on damaging the Stoneshapers first, then the Root-Masons, then everything else. If an Amber Projection is spawned, kill the adds before killing the phantom, or else you risk having a group member hallucinate or a Siphoning Totem spawn. Adds being present for these mechanics can make the fight more aggravating. Do not let the adds step into her Hist Ponds. Having a Stoneshaper become empowered by Amber Plasm can ruin the fight if you're not careful.
Na-Kesh will first appear after Chudan is killed:
- Heem-Jas: "I am here! You draw its attention while I … oh. Well, good job. I guess."
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Muck-dwellers! What have you done?"
- Heem-Jas: "It is Na-Kesh! We have killed your pet. Release the rest of the Su-Zahleel tribe, or suffer the same fate! That was good, right?"
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "No. No, I think not. Xal-Nur prepares your elders for sacrifice even as we speak. Their blood will water the roots. As will yours."
- <Na-Kesh leaves>
The Tree-Minder will be seen again in the chamber where the Su-Zahleel elders are being kept.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Idolent! Worthless! The Xit-Xaht do not suffer weakness. Drench the elders. Kill the invaders!"
- <She then leaves the chamber.>
When approached she can be heard praying to her Hist.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Tsono-Xuhil! Mother root, father stone—grant me your strength!"
When combat is initiated, she turns toward the group and vows to end your quest.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Dry-skinned savages. This city will be your grave!"
While summoning a totem, she shouts at the group members close to her. This dialogue is ambient has no subtitles.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Plant the seed and reap the harvest!"
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Wither and die!"
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Your blood and water are mine."
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Your strength belongs to me."
While dousing a player with Amber plasm to initiate Hist Hallucinations, the tree-minder asserts that the group is bound to fall before the will of her Hist. This dialogue is ambient has no subtitles.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Drink deep, and fall to madness!"
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Taste the sap and give in!"
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Your minds are weak!"
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Let me open your eyes!"
Na-Kesh calls out to her pet when the Phantom of Mighty Chudan is summoned.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!"
The tree-minder orders the Phantom of Xal-Nur to destroy the group when it is summoned.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Rise, amber shade of Xal-Nur! Crush them!"
While entering the last phase of fight, she calls upon writhing roots in a last ditch effort to dispose of you.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "Gah! Enough! Wake, vines, and drag them to Sithis!"
Tree-Minder Na-Kesh shows immense will to fight on as she dies.
- Tree-Minder Na-Kesh: "No! You will feed the roots! You will …."
There are several Achievements associated with this boss:
|Shadows of the Hist Delver||50||Complete Veteran Cradle of Shadows and Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun.|
|Ruins of Mazzatun Challenger||50||Complete the listed achievements for Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun.|
|Ruins of Mazzatun Conqueror||10||Defeat Zatzu the Spine-Breaker, The Mighty Chudan, Xal-Nur the Slaver, and Tree-Minder Na-Kesh in Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun.|
|Ruination||50||Defeat Zatzu the Spine-Breaker, The Mighty Chudan, Xal-Nur the Slaver, and Tree-Minder Na-Kesh in Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun within 30 minutes of starting the dungeon. Timer starts on passing through the first archway.|
|Unbowed||50||Defeat Zatzu the Spine-Breaker, The Mighty Chudan, Xal-Nur the Slaver, and Tree-Minder Na-Kesh in Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun without suffering a group member death.|
|Ruins of Mazzatun Vanquisher||10||Defeat Zatzu the Spine-Breaker, The Mighty Chudan, Xal-Nur the Slaver, and Tree-Minder Na-Kesh in the Ruins of Mazzatun.|
|Tree-Minder's Mania||50||In Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun, defeat Tree-Minder Na-Kesh after enraging her by destroying her alchemical notes on Amber Plasm.|
|Blind Luck||10||Defeat Tree-Minder Na-Kesh in Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun without any party members using the Reveal synergy to identify the real Avatar of the Hist.|
|Sticky Situation Savvy||10||Defeat Tree-Minder Na-Kesh in Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun without any party members being struck by Blistering Amber.|