|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 36.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Dragon Leap: Launch yourself at an enemy, dealing [5475 / 5534 / 5596 / 5657] Physical Damage to all enemies in the area, knocking them back 4 meters, and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Take Flight: Cost: 110 Ultimate, Range: 28 meters.
Launch yourself at an enemy, dealing [6299 / 6368 / 6437 / 6506] Physical Damage to all enemies in the area, knocking them back, and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Ferocious Leap: Launch yourself at an enemy, dealing 5642 Flame Damage to all enemies in the area, knocking them back, and stunning them for 2 seconds. After leaping you gain a damage shield that absorbs [16000 / 16176 / 16351 / 16528] damage for 6 seconds. This portion of the ability scales with your Max Health.
Dragon Leap deals physical damage to all enemies in the area around your target, and knocks them back. It is very effective at disabling a crowd for a short time. The Take Flight morph increases its range and damage, and reduces the cost, so it can be used more frequently. Or you can use the Ferocious Leap to give yourself some protection in the form of a Damage Shield after your leap, while also dealing Flame Damage.
- Take Flight is a recommended morph for the Venomous Dragon build.
- This is similar in both cost and effect to the Fighters Guild ultimate Dawnbreaker of Smiting, though Dragon Leap deals comparatively more damage and can be used to close the distance to an enemy.
Aftermath of a Dragon Leap
* This ability's minimum range requirement has been removed.
* Reduced the cost of Dragon Leap and the morph Ferocious Leap to 125 Ultimate.
- Take Flight: Reduced the cost of this ability to 110 Ultimate, and increased the damage on this ability by 15% for all ranks.
- Ferocious Leap: This ability now applies a damage shield to the caster equal to your maximum health, and also removed the spell resist buff. We also fixed an issue where using this ability was unintentionally allowing you to jump up keep walls.
* Fixed an issue where you were unable to attack if you sheathed your weapon after casting a charge or leap ability, including:
* The damage and knockback from this ability and its morphs can no longer be dodged.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not granting the caster crowd control, snare, and immobilization immunity while they were mid-flight.
- This ability and its morphs can now be cast while are you immobilized.
- Developer Comment: As part of a consistency pass to define abilities as dodgable or undodgable, Dragon Leap has been made undodgable. Area of Effect attacks should not be dodgable since they blanket an entire area with harmful effects, and should still damage enemies trying to Roll Dodge through it. Since this is an Ultimate ability, we want its activation to be more reliable compared to other charge or leap abilities. Because of this, Dragon Leap can now be used while you are rooted, and makes you immune to such effects mid-leap.
- Ferocious Leap: This morph now deals Flame Damage instead of Physical Damage.
* Fixed a specific case where some charge and leap abilities (such as Critical Charge
or Dragon Leap) were displaying their animation and visual effects but not actually moving you to the enemy target.
* Fixed an issue where a load screen could pop-up when using short teleport abilities, such as Dragon Leap.
* Fixed an issue where this ability and the Take Flight morph did not improve as they ranked up.
* Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 6.5 meters. It also now applies a more aggressive snare to targets it is cast on, to prevent them from being able to outrun the AoE damage when it lands.
* This Ultimate will now properly animate its leap on targets, regardless of its range, resulting in more overall reaction time for those on the receiving end of being DK dunked.