Online:Stadia< Elder Scrolls Online
Stadia was Google's cloud gaming service. The Elder Scrolls Online was released on Stadia on June 16, 2020. The game is no longer available for purchase as of September 30, 2022, and Stadia as a service shut down on January 18, 2023.
Stadia used the same megaservers as PC/Mac, allowing for cross-play. This meant that Stadia followed the same release schedule as PC/Mac, although since it was a streaming service there was never any need to download a patch.
Stadia could be played in browser on PC using PC controls, or on any streaming device using console controls. If using a touchscreen device such as a smartphone, an on-screen touch gamepad could be used if no controller was connected.
Interface differences were otherwise minimal once past the login screen.
- Stadia was only available in certain territories, specifically Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- After Stadia's shutdown announcement, ZeniMax announced on October 20, 2022 that players who purchased ESO through Stadia can log in and download ESO for PC/Mac for free, without needing to buy the game again.
- THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: GREYMOOR & UPDATE 26 NOW LIVE ON PC/MAC
- Google is shutting down Stadia - Alex Cranz, 2022-09-29, The Verge
- A message about Stadia and our long term streaming strategy - Google