|This article could benefit from an image of:
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 35.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Petrify: Encase an enemy in molten rock, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. When the stun ends, they take [1498 / 1514 / 1530 / 1548] Flame Damage. This stun cannot be blocked or dodged.
- Fossilize: Encase an enemy in molten rock, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. When the stun ends, they take [1549 / 1568 / 1584 / 1600] Flame Damage and are immobilized for 3 seconds. This stun cannot be blocked or dodged.
- Shattering Rocks: Encase an enemy in molten rock, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. When the stun ends, they take [1549 / 1568 / 1584 / 1600] Flame Damage and you are healed for 3097 Health. This stun cannot be blocked or dodged.
Petrify disorients enemies for a long period of time, and deals damage when the disorientation ends. Ideally, you should attack other enemies, because if the petrified target receives enough damage, the disorientation will end early. More powerful enemies tend to be immune to the stun effect, but will still take damage. The Fossilize morph Immobilizes the target after the effect ends, while Shattering Rocks causes their next attack to heal the target.
* The enemy target's health regeneration bonus while they were affected by Petrify and its morphs has been removed.
* This ability now damages enemies when the effect ends.
- Reduced the duration of the root applied from this morph after the disorient ends to 3 seconds at all ranks from 2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds at ranks I/II/III/IV respectively.
- Fossilize now deals slightly more damage as it ranks up.
- Updated the visual effects for the root from this morph to be more visually obvious.
* This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5 second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets. We also reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 23%.
- This ability and its morphs can no longer be cast on a crowd-control immune enemy.
- Reduced the range of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 15 meters.
- Developer Comments: Because group gameplay in ESO is focused around large combat situations, having an entire crowd control ability that could be negated by an ally's area of effect attack didn't fit. We've maintained the current advantages of it being a disorient (such as going through Block and Roll Dodge), but now allow attacks against the target.
- We wanted to differentiate Petrify from Stonefist because now, they both stun enemies. The cost reduction and lack of damage make Petrify more utility-focused, while Stonefist deals more damage but requires more Magicka.
- Additionally, the last change helps further differentiate the Petrify and Stonefist abilities, and makes it more risky for the Dragonknight to apply Petrify's instant, unavoidable crowd control on an enemy.
* Fixed an issue where the following abilities and their morphs could not be cast against blocking enemies:
* Fixed an issue where the following abilities (and their associated morphs) could not be cast against an enemy player with the Shield Wall ability active:
* Shattering Rocks: Fixed an issue where Rank IV of this morph was not setting secondary targets Off Balance.
* Shattering Rocks: This morph has been redesigned so that when the stun ends, it causes the enemy’s next attack to heal their target.
* Fixed an issue where you could still attempt to cast abilities like Petrify or Rune Prison
against enemies that were immune to crowd control from the Unstoppable ability or Unstoppable potions.
- Shattering Rocks: Updated the tooltip of this morph to indicate it deals damage.
* Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 4050 from 2970.
- This ability no longer ranks up in cost reduction, but instead ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank.
- Reduced the range of this ability and its morphs to 7 meters from 8 meters.
- Shattering Rocks (morph): Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability was missing a previous rank up, which will result in an approximate 3% increase in the healing.